“Simply the Best !!”
Review of Spire

Spire
Ranked #10 of 1,833 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been a customer of Spire for many years and have decided to write this review after a recent trip to London where, even though we were eating in one of the most talked about restaurants of the moment, we spent the entire meal saying the food wasn't up to Spires standards !!!

It suddenly dawned on me how lucky and spoilt we are to have such a great restaurant on our door step.

If your coming to Liverpool and love superb food in a relaxed atmosphere without any "pomp and ceremony" this is the place to come. It's only 10-15 minutes outside the city centre close to the famous Penny Lane and worth the trip. I have never had a bad meal here, it is consistently of an excellent standard with reasonable prices. It's one of those places where you want to try everything on the menu and it take ages to settle on a choice. If your like me you may also get food envy when you see the other diners selections. I'm also a stickler for food being served hot and that's exactly what you get here.

Adam is a great host he's extremely helpful and knowledgeable so if you are struggling to make a selection he'll give you a hand !!

Matt's flavour combinations are fantastic, his creations are mouth-watering to look at and they taste even better. The menu is well thought-out and offers something for everyone. On the menu at the moment I would recommend the mini chicken pie, the squid and the butternut tart from the starters and the Plaice/Seabass or lamb from the mains they are all outstanding. Don't be boring and have the steak !!

Book early if it's a special occasion it's very difficult to get in here at short notice.

Spire's huge collection of awards are well deserved and I'm sure there will be more to come. Well done Matt and Adam, your doing us all proud !!

2  Thank Marielou77

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I visited back in December to celebrate my birthday after reading all the positive reviews on tripadvisor. We were not to be dissapointed, food was excelent and will become a regular stop every time i'm in the city. Well done and keep it up.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Visited Spire Restaurant on Friday lunchtime to celebrate a friends birthday. We received a very warm welcome, staff were extremely helpful, lovely atmosphere and great food. I have been here several times and have enjoyed every occasion. In fact, I have booked to come for a meal with my husband on our wedding anniversary.

I would highly recommend this gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Been here 4 times in the past year and EVERTHING is just great. The food, all of it, is excellent and well presented which makes me want to go back now but I can't. I live in California but on my next trip home this will be my first stop after saying hello the family (maybe!!). There is one waitress there who is amazing, funny and knowledgeable, whose name I can't remember! She's more mature and really knows her stuff. The last time we went she wasn't there, and she was missed but the food was still great. Put it this way, when we left, Spire was full to the brim and the place next door was empty! Give the chef a big raise, he deserves it. See you next year, can't wait.

2  Thank Gina Q
ScribeLiverpool, Public Relations Manager at Spire, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Hello Gina Q, resident of California no less! Thanks so much for all your positive feedback. Owner-chef, Matt, is most pleased to see you have recommended he gets a payrise :). We have passed on your comments to our waitress too. It's always great when customers take the time to praise staff. Hope you're enjoying better weather than us! look forward to seeing you again soon at Spire.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful lunch yesterday. I had read a few reviews before we went but the food surpassed all my expectations. We both ate from the fantastically reasonable lunch menu. It is not often you get this kind of food for the amount charged but Spire does this in spades. Keep up the good work guys - I'll be back!

1  Thank AndyH518