“Lunch time treat”

Il Forno - Liverpool
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Forno - Liverpool is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch to ilforno and we really enjoyed it.
Any pasta or pizza for £5, you couldnt complain for that but we opted for the 2courses for £9.95 and it delicious the staff were very friendly, surroundings really nice will definitely be going back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

After experiencing this restaurant in 2012, I couldn't wait to return. I persuaded my friends (group of 10) to go during a visit to Liverpool, and we all had a fab night. Food is authentic Italian, probably the best pizza I have ever had even when visiting Italy. Only one comment by two of my friends was that they would have hoped for a little more accompaniments with the lamb main dish!
Mauro was our waiter again and as before he made our night, he was professional but very funny and friendly as well. Can't wait to go back. I haven't managed to get to dessert yet as been too full but next time I'm gonna skip the starter as the dessers all look so good. Thanks for a great meal you guys x

Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a great place, bustling and vibrant.
The food was of excellent quality, extensive menu, great wine list.
Service slow but not neglectful, just typically Italian. Ciao bella

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We ate at Il Forno last night on the way to see Donny and Marie at the Echo Arena. We booked a table which when we arrived at 5.15 seemed unnecessary but by the time we left the reastaurant was virtually full.

We both had Pizza Calzone, highly reccomended but a warning, only follow that with Coppa Tiramisu if you have a big appetite as that is massive. The staff were very friendly and attentive, just a pity it is so far away from us but we will be back when we go the Arena again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I went here for the early evening menu as we were off to a show at the echo arena after. At £12.95 for 2 courses or £14.95 for 3 it seemed great value and it definitely proved to be so as the food was generously portioned and very well executed. I rather boringly opted for lasagne for my main but was glad I'd done so as it was a portion of soft, unctuous, meaty, cheesey deliciousness that would easily have served 2 hungry people! My wife's trio of bruschetta to start was also another highlight. On top of the food there is also an extensive wine list (we opted for an Italian merlot which was lovely), a great relaxed atmosphere, an impressive decor dominated by a huge pizza oven, and speedy cheerful service. If you want good authentic Italian food at decent prices then il forno definitely ticks the boxes.