“Fantastic”

Ranked #1,208 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Every time I'm in Liverpool I go to JALONS.
It a fantastic place. Gary the head chef is top class and the entertainment by the Sinatra sing is the best I've ever heard.
JALONS is a perfect night out.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to Jalons for years and can honestly say we've never had a bad meal here. Depending on the day of the week you can get 2 courses for £9.95. We've always found the food to be homemade with starters such as chicken & tarragon pie, moules marinere, tuna nicoise, etc. the mains are equally tasty with choices such as lamb shank, crusted salmon, linguine etc. you can also have a decent steak for a supplement. The menu also changes every so often so you never get bored. If there was any negatives I'd have to mention their hygiene rating, which would boost confidence in recommending here. would like to see 5 stars. Last time I checked it only had 3. Overall we would certainly recommend it here, particularly on the cheaper evenings as the quality of the food for the price really is exceptional.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

When's to Jalons today for a birthday meal with some friends food was good but the music was terrible really loud and overbearing we were put under a very large speaker and the music was too loud for us to have a conversation without shouting We went for a meal and some good conversation not to a disco " If I have to raise my voice to talk the music is too loud" we asked to be moved which we were but no sooner had we been moved that a live singer came on and it was even worse than before my first visit and will definitely be my last.

1  Thank Richie90
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited last weekend and had a lovely night with fab singer on and as usual gorgeous food and service ! Love this place

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Seven of us went to Jalons last night for a meal to celebrate my parents anniversary. it was busy with a buzzing atmosphere but despite this it wasnt too loud for us to enjoy our food. The staff were attentive but didn't bother you with constant 'is everything ok's - which usually annoying! If we needed anything we didn't have to wait long to catch someone's eye and our orders were taken and food and drinks delivered in good time. All of our meals came at the same time, so no waiting around for someone to get theirs (another annoyance of mine, lol). I had baby back ribs for starters - to say the meat fell off the bone is an understatement, in fact so much that I created a bit of a mess but they were delicious. My main course was a delicious combination of chicken breast with ham and cheese, in home made breadcrumbs and pan fried. It was huge, however, and i couldnt eat all of it. I ordered a side dish of chips, which I note that some people have complained about in their reviews - however, they were not expensive and the chips themselves with chunky, soft, non-greasy and really more-ish (possibly why I couldnt finish the chicken? lol. Despite being stuffed, I reasoned that i could fit in a pudding (it was a special occasion after all) and had the pear, milk chocolate and nut crumble with ice cream - delish! My husband was the only other person able to fit in pudding and he had the chocolate fudge cake, which he devoured. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals and the a nice touch was that there was a singer, singing loungey type music, but who was kind enough to do dedications for my parents and other people who were there for birthdays. Some people had planned ahead and bought cakes that the staff duly bought out with lit candles - in short, nothing was too much for the staff and again, despite the place being busy, we were looked after, unhurried, and really pleased. It isnt a 'posh' restaurant and its been around for years, but it still has a touch of class about it and the food and wine is just superb. Yes, the cocktails are not cheap, but no more expensive then the price in some bars in towns all over the country. Ideal for families, groups of friends and couples alike - I will definately be going back!

1  Thank Hmmmmchocolate