“Top Class Cuisine”

Belfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Class Cuisine”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked for our son's graduation and had the most amazing service and food, I cannot praise them enough. The menu is perfect, good choices and very reasonable prices, mid week special offer, 2 courses and half a bottle of mine for £ 18.50 per head. The dinner made a special day very special indeed. We will be back.

Portland, Oregon
“Excellent food, service and atmoshere”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. Intimate restaurant with a very casual elegance. We enjoyed the sides of chips as well as main course dishes that included sea bass and chicken. Good wine list and innovative cocktails. Highly recommend "twinkle" as a cocktail to start your evening!

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Best eating-out experience for a long time.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband is working in Liverpool for a few days each week and he has been raving so much about this restaurant that when I had the opportunity to visit with him this was the first place we ate.

On a Monday they do a fantastic value deal with 2 courses and half a bottle of wine pp for £18.95
The menu provides a mouth-watering and varied read and with each item I felt mmm, I might order that.

We both decided on fish options. The king scallops were the most delicious I've ever tasted, perfectly cooked with fantastic accompanying flavours and the leek rarebit smoked haddock was out of this world.
Our mains were just as good, delicious well matched flavours with fresh tasting fillets of fish (we had the salmon and the sea bass).
The menu includes some very good sounding vegetarian options, and plenty for the carnivores too, and changes regularly so you could visit often and always eat something different.

My husband says the quality last night was typical of all his experiences at The Side Door and he'll be returning every week, I wish I could join him.

Val and Tracey looked after us well with friendly unobtrusive service. Even at the end of the evening when we were the only 2 diners left we didn't feel awkward or rushed.

All in all a great experience with good quality food, plenty of choice and fantastic service.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, very helpful staff.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

went on sat. Looked at the early bird menu, nothing took my fancy so ordered from the main menu. My meal was beautiful, it had been recommended by the waiter as I couldn't decide what to have. We also asked his advice on which wine to order and were not disappointed. Really enjoyed our visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant has a good reputation and I have eaten here on several occasions and be pleased with the food and service. I eat here with my wife for our wedding anniversary and was looking forward to the opportunity to enjoy a meal here again.

On approaching the restaurant from the side street, I was somewhat suprised to see two of the kitchen staff smoking outside in their whites; in my opinion something which should never be permitted.

Both my wife and I agreed that the food while being presented satisfactorily lacked taste and my duck, which was slightly overcooked ( I had ordered it pink) and pretty tasteless. While I would not discourage other readers from the restaurant, as it may have been a "one off", I will not be rushing back there myself.

• Visited June 2013