“Lovely restaurant”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for a birthday meal on a week night, I thought it was perfect overall. The restaurant is tiny, with about 6 small tables upstairs and a large group table downstairs (upstairs is nicer!), giving it a cosy and familiar atmosphere. Service was friendly and quick (there were only 2 other occupied tables while we were there) and the food was very good, particularly the steak and chips. I was horrified when I saw the bill but it was a special occasion and both of us had three courses and wine, also bear in mind I am a poor student!
For any students out there, I'd recommend the Pre-Theatre Menu for better value.

There are newer reviews for Side Door Bistro

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stopped in here before attending a concert at the Philharmonic up the street. They fit us in and served us a great meal within an hour. It's not complicated food - simple, well-prepared, enjoyable dishes. I'd definitely come back!

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience.
Great seating arrangement.
Spectacular food. Lovely house wine. Excellent service. Brilliant pricing.
If you have not been and eaten here your missing out.
Service with a smile.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We left it late to book our Xmas Meal & after a long search, Val & Kitty agreed to squeeze us in!! Xmas menu had a good choice that suited everybody on our table of 12. Food was locally sourced, served quickly, very tasty and a good sized portion. The drinks choice was excellent aswell, even our wine buff was impressed. In all a great evening with great food, drinks and service. Defo will go back and have a meal when less hectic. Many thanks to Val & Kitty.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We traveled up to Liverpool for a match at Anfield just before Christmas. Having read the reviews decided this would be ideal for lunch. Lots of choice on the menu, simple but really elegant dishes, all cooked fresh with local ingredients. The starters could also be served as main meals for a little extra. I had scallops to start with the lentil and smoked duck salad to follow. We were recommended to try a Rioja called Arjona, 2011, to go with our meal it was delicious and smooth. They have seats upstairs and downstairs, think upstairs is better. Service was great, pleasant and attentive and not in your face. I love this place and would visit again.