“Perfect Last Minute Works Xmas Meal”
Review of Side Door Bistro - CLOSED

Side Door Bistro
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We left it late to book our Xmas Meal & after a long search, Val & Kitty agreed to squeeze us in!! Xmas menu had a good choice that suited everybody on our table of 12. Food was locally sourced, served quickly, very tasty and a good sized portion. The drinks choice was excellent aswell, even our wine buff was impressed. In all a great evening with great food, drinks and service. Defo will go back and have a meal when less hectic. Many thanks to Val & Kitty.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We traveled up to Liverpool for a match at Anfield just before Christmas. Having read the reviews decided this would be ideal for lunch. Lots of choice on the menu, simple but really elegant dishes, all cooked fresh with local ingredients. The starters could also be served as main meals for a little extra. I had scallops to start with the lentil and smoked duck salad to follow. We were recommended to try a Rioja called Arjona, 2011, to go with our meal it was delicious and smooth. They have seats upstairs and downstairs, think upstairs is better. Service was great, pleasant and attentive and not in your face. I love this place and would visit again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My first visit with friends and I loved it. I chose fish (my favourite) for both courses and my starter (scallops) and main (sea bass) were exceptional. Everyone enjoyed their food - some from the dinner menu and some from the theatre menu - all beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Service was excellent too. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A really good restaurant that isn't suggested by the name but don't be fooled; the food, wine and service is very good indeed. None of that heated up lavish menu, but very good food cooked to order from simple to sophisticated choices and a very good selection of wine not only bottled but by the glass. If I had one carp it would be that we had to wait a while for the food, perhaps the kitchen was understaffed on the night we visited but the quality of the food more than made up for the wait. I would make it top of my list next time I'm in Liverpool.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been fairly regular customers of the Side Door for many years. The restaurant has retained its its friendly, relaxed ambiance and its interesting, high quality cuisine, despite a change of ownership, just over a year ago. I can recommend both lunchtime and evening menus and suggest you try to leave room for desserts, as these are particularly good. The staff are personable and attentive and the food is really good value.