“Heavenly”

The Monro Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Monro Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 1,833 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have eaten here many times, and everything we have tried has been amazing.
We always call to book a table as it is very popular

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ambience great, food amazing, service second to none, everyone so friendly. The Vegi Wellington was out of this world, only one vegetarian in the party, but 4 out of 5 ordered it. And the beetroot terrine and the mackerel starters were wonderful
Earlier Chef Chris helped me (Mum) assemble a Beatles/Everton birthday cake in situ. Couldn't have done it without her. We had come back to our roots for the celebration from Brooklyn, London and Stockport and it was well worth the trip. Will be recommending it to all. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I had the two course lunch, which is great value in this spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated and professionally staffed pub. We both had the fish and my wife was of the opinion that it was the nicest battered fish she'd tasted. If there was one criticism, the chips could have been a better. We'll recommend to friends and definitely return ourselves.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been to this bistro a couple of times before. This time I brought an Italian visitor for a business dinner, hence the Monday night. The food was, as usual, excellent. Being a Monday the service was a little slow and the atmosphere not as good as previous visits - ideal for a business discussion. Would use it again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went for lunch after a meeting in Rodney Street. Staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful with the menu. Choice of six real ales, I had wychwood Dirty Tackle which was excellent and served at just the right temperature. For my starter I chose the game terrine which was superb, followed by posh fish and chips which was very nice. My only very slight niggle was that the chips were very chunky and a bit hard in the middle. My wife had the soup of the day (cream of cauliflower) which she said was delicious. To follow she had the vegetable Wellington which again she thoroughly enjoyed, her only complaint was that it was a bit too much but suppose its better to get too much rather than too little. Overall a beautiful lunch and would thoroughly recommend.