“Brilliant”

The Egg Cafe
Ranked #87 of 1,696 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Egg Cafe is located in the heart of the Liverpool, just off Bold Street. It occupies the light and airy loft space of an old Victorian warehouse building, affording a panoramic view of the city centre. As well as being Liverpool's premier vegetarian restaurant, The Egg is also an independent art gallery and a popular meeting place. The relaxed and bohemian atmosphere attracts a diverse crowd and is especially popular amongst artists and students
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Even though we are not vegetarian, my partner and I loved this gem. We visited twice on our three day visit and were not disappointed. Today, we had the special. Starter, main, dessert( cake) and drink. The Moroccan stew was divine. The other day we had hummus which was delicious. Worth the climb up the stairs. Love the artwork, views.
My only suggestion is to put up a mind the step sign on the ladies loo door. The door opens to a downward flight of stairs and I nearly fell down !

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JAFFA_56

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Very good”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This place is a little gem. Great selection of vegetarian and vegan meals. The soups are especially good. Great value as well. Relaxed rustic decor and friendly, helpful staff. Have eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jakethemuss2010
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had heard about this restaurant from a friend who is vegetarian and fancied something a bit different to toasties/chips. I am not a vegetarian and can't say I would ever choose a dish like they serve here if I were to go to any ordinary place however... this was AMAZING.

I had some sort of vegetable dish in a creamy tomato sauce which also came with rice and salad (when I say salad I mean one with ALL the trimmings!!!) All 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the prices were great too (this coming from a student!)

So I would 100% recommend this place AND especially the cakes... all home made too. just delicious. I will be back.

1 Thank kelsiemh
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Terrible food, poor service”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The food was awful. I ordered the red dragon pie with rice. It came with enough rice to feed about four people, and a very small slice of pie. The pie was mostly mashed potato, with a thin layer of bland tasting beans underneath. My friends' food was bad too - the bean burger came with a revolting sauce and the humus was tasteless. The waitress was quite rude and you have to go and find the cutlery yourself. It's quite well hidden. The decor's OK if you really like pink. I don't.

5 Thank JaneLancaster
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Although I'm not vegetarian I do enjoy coming here. The atmosphere is chilled, there's wifi and the staff are friendly enough. The menu is slightly limited but I've had the spicy burger a few times, covered in a nice relish and served with hummus, pasta and a pitta bread, I've enjoyed it each time. Worth a visit.