“Very disappointing!”

Ranked #99 of 1,716 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Egg Cafe is located in the heart of the Liverpool, just off Bold Street. It occupies the light and airy loft space of an old Victorian warehouse building, affording a panoramic view of the city centre. As well as being Liverpool's premier vegetarian restaurant, The Egg is also an independent art gallery and a popular meeting place. The relaxed and bohemian atmosphere attracts a diverse crowd and is especially popular amongst artists and students
Preston, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've been here on several occasions before, and always enjoyed the food and the relaxed, friendly atmosphere - not this time! I've recently gone gluten-free for health reasons, and the staff were very unaccommodating to the point where I decided the only thing I could 'safely' order for my lunch would be a 'large salad' priced at £4. Given that this is a vegetarian cafe, I expected a nice selection of cold, roasted vegetables as well as the usual salad bits, plus a nice dressing - wrong! I got a cereal-size bowl with iceberg, cucumber and tomato in the bottom, topped with couscous and pasta, neither of which I can eat! I took it back to the counter, and explained that I couldn't eat it, and that I thought it would just be salad. The waitress was quite curt, and replaced it with a small bowl simply containing iceberg, tomato and cucumber - rubbish! I could see they were fairly busy, but the service was really quite rude and poor, and I definitely won't be coming back!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Becs101

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rugby, United Kingdom
“A very good Egg!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went back to this veggie cafe after visiting Liverpool a few years ago and being brought here by a friend. The food is veggie of course but it's great and as a confirmed meat eater I still loved every meal here. The food is great, the portions are good but the atmosphere and vibe is very relaxed and bohemian. Quirky and unique. Totally recommend this place, just wish there was one near us in Rugby

Visited October 2013
Venice, Italy
“great food for vegetarians and vegans”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The best place to get healthy vegetarian food in liverpool! It is quite cheap nonetheless the food is great. Lovely atmosphere and good range of options to choose from. I love their burgers!!! A jem not to miss.

• Visited September 2013
“Buzzing”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Very tasty food. Great size portions. Very home-some food. Live music started and was very pleasant to listen too.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Abbiee1234
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic veggie hangout!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is one of my favourite places in Liverpool. My friends, family, and I come here a lot. Usually around once a week, sometimes more!
It's very cheap and the food is brilliant - around £5 gets you a big meal and a drink.
Nice, filling, home cooked veggie and vegan meals. By far the best cheese on toast you will ever have!!
The main menu stays the same, but there are daily specials and soups. You can get a big breakfast selection before midday Monday - Saturday and all day Sunday.
And the desserts are amazing. The apple crumble and Chocolate Crunch are my favourites though. Always try and leave room for dessert!
You can also take your own alcohol and are charged £1 per person for doing this.
I had my 30th birthday party in January up in the balcony and it was just perfect. The staff were amazing and we all had a fantastic time.
I really can't recommend this cafe enough. An absolute must for veggies, vegans, and any carnivores that don't mind going without meat for a meal ;)

• Visited September 2013