“Wonderful food”

Ranked #101 of 1,812 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Egg Cafe is located in the heart of the Liverpool, just off Bold Street. It occupies the light and airy loft space of an old Victorian warehouse building, affording a panoramic view of the city centre. As well as being Liverpool's premier vegetarian restaurant, The Egg is also an independent art gallery and a popular meeting place. The relaxed and bohemian atmosphere attracts a diverse crowd and is especially popular amongst artists and students
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Not only do you get amazing, healthy food but you also get to work off the calories before you eat them! Up to the top of an old warehouse, winding stone stairs lead you up to the Egg, worth every step.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Came here on the recommendation of others with my father and 2 young daughters. My dad tends to avoid vegetables at all costs so was quite concerned he might not find anything to his taste but he decided to opt for the soup of the day - which he ate the lot of without any complaint! That's like a glowing review from my dad! There was a delicious veggie spag bol which my youngest opted for so I asked if they could provide a smaller portion for her. This was responded to with a cheery 'no problem' from the staff member. It was still an extremely generous portion when it arrived and she loved it! My second daughter opted for houmus and pitta bread. Now we've ordered this in Nando's a lot and only get a small amount so I didn't ask for a smaller portion of this, thinking it would be a kind of snack! It was massive!! Tons of houmus, salad, pasta, bulgar wheat, pitta bread! She was a little overwhelmed by it but that's not down to the cafe at all, I'll know next time to ask for a smaller one. I had the spicy beanburger which was just delicious. We all had drinks and the bill for 4 of us came to under £20! Lovely quirky place and great to take my kids somewhere that offers such a healthy menu at such an affordable cost. Staff were all lovely. Will be back.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

food was boring and plain, i wouldnt return here and the decor isnt too nice either. good for vegetarians.

1  Thank devanna90
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place has been around for years apparently but I discovered it for the first time on a recent trip to see family in Liverpool. We stayed at the Adelphi Hotel & wanted somewhere nearby for breakfast & the Egg didn't disappoint. Friendly staff, great ambience & a great view as well as great coffee & lots of breakfast options. Really good value for money too.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Used to go all the time and loved it. Portions huge, home cooked and comforting. Used to bring a box in to take the desserts away! Obviously great for vegetarians and vegans. Staff always friendly and really alternative atmosphere. The last time I went I tried the Sunday roast. I think most of it was microwaved - it was lukewarm and watery and basically just a pile of vegetables. Would prefer to go elsewhere now. Come on Egg!