“Good meal; nice surroundings”
Review of Chung Ku

Chung Ku
Ranked #400 of 1,792 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recent meal with friends as part of a quiz in the upstairs function area. I hadnt been here before which is a bit surprising. We had a banquet meal. I thought the food was excellent and variedwhich considering the numbers attending was challenging. The staff were excellent and helpful although method of getting drinks before the meal could do with streamlining. All in all has encouraged me to come back for a meal with family.

1  Thank lewjohn66

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hurrah for the spread of Szechuan cuisine in Britain! The already very good City Rendezvous now has a page of it on the menu. "Mouth-watering chicken" (more usually known as hot and numbing) authentically fiery, as is the other cold starter, pork with garlic. Cumin lamb a treat, fish fillet in spicy broth very tasty, aubergine stuffed with prawns perhaps the star dish of the three. More by all means!

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Its my Dad's birthday tomorrow he'll be 64 so 3 adults and my 4 year old paid a tea time visit we had prawn crackers, dim sums and a main with the child ending her meal with icecream, 2 drinks each (non-alcoholic) a reasonable £74 I thought this was very good. The food was hot and delicious the staff very friendly and welcoming to everyone especially my daughter, we arrive at 5:30pm leaving an hour later; the place was starting to fill up at that time, to eat as we did within an hour proves the service is fast. I wasn't please that our food didn't all arrive together but at least this shows it was freshly cooked and brought whilst piping hot. The meals were large but not so large they were over-facing, the drinks I thought slightly on the small side hence 2 each but this is really something tiny and I highly recommend Chung Ku, the view although rainy was calm and I suspect quite serene at sunset during summer. The basics: clean tables and cutlery, loads of parking, air-con (bit chilly this evening). I always think seeing Chinese people eating in a Chinese restaurant is a good sign and we saw 2 groups and a 3rd arriving as we left. Thoroughly enjoyable meal with good food and service. Check it out!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Trying to find somewhere to eat, when we came around across the Chung Ku. Me and my family love Chinese food and we were seated straight away. Our food was brought out straight away is was very hot. We had a lovely view of a sun set, the staff had closed the blinds so we weren't blinded by the sun. It is a very strange place where is it as we only noticed it cause we were coming back from the airport. The only thing I was surprised was the bill it was well worth the price as we were well looked after

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Chung Ku restaurant is found in an excellent setting right next to Liverpool's Waterfront. It can be easy to miss driving past, but is well worth a visit. The restaurant is of a large size, with views of the river featuring throughout. Upstairs there is a large function room with a bar, which can be hired out, the restaurant providing food and staffing. The food itself is delicious, the Siu Mai quality being a clear example of the distinction between this restaurant and many other Chinese restaurants. Uniquely amongst many Cantonese style restaurants in Liverpool, there is an entire page of Sichuan dishes in the menu, the Dan Dan Mian (Noodles) being a favourite. Any popular Chinese dish is also available, but I would strongly recommend trying some of the more unusual offerings on the menu. Open daily with varying menu offers depending on when you go, and Sunday being devoted to Dim Sum, the Chung Ku is the star amongst Liverpool's many Chinese restaurants.

1  Thank flembotembo