“OK for what it is” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Cork, Ireland
“OK for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Hotel is fine if you are just using it for an over night. I stayed here with my family because we had an early flight out of Liverpool. I would not have a problem with it if I was on my own but would not consider them a good for a family. The main bed was ok but he sofa bed was hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom facilities were passable the shower could have been better and could have done with more than a curtain. The breakfast was less than ideal while the cereal juice was ok the hot food was left on the warmer for long periods which did not help quality which was already below par

Room Tip: Be careful when booking on line. I was booking for my family and was informed there were no suitable...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear John0365,

Thank you for your feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Colchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at Holiday inn, all over the world, this was the worst one EVER. The Sofa Bed my Son had was so uncomfortable he slept on the floor.Every Morning Breakfast was gone, when it did re appear there was NO cutlery, Nothing.When we asked to speak to the Manger we were told he was away for Easter, was told he would defo contact me on his return, NEVER DID..

Room Tip: If you ask for family room, don't expect the sofa bed to be up to much..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear PURPLEHEART1979,

I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I can understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and I would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Clean, comfy, good shower, warm. Could get a meal from the bar which was open all night. Good breakfast. I did not like that I had to put more onto my card than what the room was and no real idea of what the extra £30 was for - was told it would go back into my account automatically but I hope it does! Should have a pay as you book scheme really. Airport via taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed for a week while work was being done on my house and found it very comfortable. Room and bathroom were both spotless with friendly and efficient housekeeping staff. The breakfast is more than adequate with a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt etc. and the hot items were fresher than is often found on this type of buffet.
The hotel is well placed for alternative dining facilities and there is a good selection of shops nearby in New Mersey Retail Park.
Liverpool South Parkway Station is also nearby for a quick journey to the city centre.

Room Tip: The airport side has a slightly better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Clean new looking hotel, ideal nights stay. Bar staff were MORE than helpful. Thanks Pam & Vicki. Un phased by the rush of people at the counter.
I got this through Holiday Extras with airport parking. Great value

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

On arrival the receptionist was very dismissive and never gave any details about the hotel, when I asked about a taxi to the airport and also dinner options it wasn't far off a snappy reply.. Didn't feel very welcomed.

The room however was great, very clean, power shower and a modern tv, the bed was also very comfortable.

The dinner that we had wasn't up to much, the choices on the menu where extremely basic.. Only curry or pizza, although it was presentable, hot and filling.

Was okay for a 1 night stay and it was both clean and quiet, however it wouldn't be my preferred choice in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear AR1912,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am glad you like the room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the level of service received from our hotel staff and dinner selection. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Yes, basic. Yes, no stunning views. Yes, no gym or spa. Yes, no room service. However, ridiculously clean which is a refreshing change from many hotels in the area regardless of their star rating. Excellent wifi that was free (also refreshing change). Staff are very friendly and remember you by name which you don't normally get at the low end of the market. Wide car park spaces minimising car park dents. Lots of plugs for equipment. New LCD tvs with the original remote control, not generic ones, allowing you to use the tvs HDMI inputs.

Cooked breakfasts. Not Michelin star or like granny used to make but better than the porridge only of a TravelInn.

Don't understand the strange blue nightlight in the room but it was different :-) King sized bed in all rooms. There is also a hand car wash service outside for £5. You get all this and it's really cheap. Stay here and not the TravelInn.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business