Not sure where to begin......we stayed here this weekend coming to Liverpool for a family wedding. My husband and I stayed 2 nights my two boys came for 1 night cost £650 all together.
Before we arrived I noticed that the hotel restaurant and bar was closed if you look on there website the photos of the bar and restaurant are the main feature of this hotel. This will be run as a completely separate entity when it reopens in May. the current hotel website is therefore grossly misleading.The images on the website were my reasons for booking.
I emailed the manager before we arrived with my concerns that half the hotel was closed should there be a reduction in the room rate ! She wrote back that when I booked 2 months before it was on the there website that the bar and restaurant was closed.
I am not interested in the money its the life style I always look for and the enjoyment of staying in a beautiful boutique hotels in a beautiful city like Liverpool so all v disappointing to say the least. When we arrived on Friday night we were told we had to pay in full by the night porter which was not a good start to a customer relelionship.We did not, but tried to go on line to find another hotel for the sat night. The wifi didn't work on second floor. I was told that it only worked on ground floor, but actually it did not work there either.
The room was large, a bit on the grubby side,aircon noisy and we could not open windows ! Very dark definitely needs decorating.
In the morning we found the temporary lounge where they were serving breakfast. found out we were not on a B and B tariff and so had to pay for it on top.Again the room so tired and need of decorating.staff friendly . For breakfast we would have been better off going over the road to Pret !
I know this hotel is owned by a large company from Ireland. I am not the complaining type but feel there was no goodwill to us by the manager, who we were unable to meet face to face. We always try to choose lovely hotels, as it enhances the enjoyment of the city we are visiting. Liverpool is great though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool