When I originally booked this hotel, the reviews were all good. With a few weeks to go, I had concerns. The reviews weren't great. Mainly due to lack of cleanliness.
First impressions- Location is great, just off Liverpool one and 10 minute walk to the Albert Docks. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 2nd floor, overlooking the Law Courts. The executive suite was great. Very spacious, a lovely clean bathroom, with a great shower, and the most comfortable bed ever, with crisp,clean and white sheets. The lighting was great during daylight hours. At night the room was lit by various lighting means, very cosy, but not great for applying makeup. Our only moan was the poor condition of the windows and the design of the sink tap. The tap was so close to the sink, not only was it difficult to wash hands, it was virtually impossible to fill the kettle. These were minor issues. The first morning we went out for breakfast. The second morning we had breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant and waitress were very nice, but the breakfast is overpriced.
Our main reason for visiting Liverpool, was to watch a game at Anfield. Awesome, Liverpool won. Very easy to get a bus to the ground. Shopping and eating in the city centre is great. I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool