My partner and I stayed here for one night on 26 July. There are lots of good things about this hotel, but there is much wasted potential here too.
We arrived a bit earlier than the advertised check-in time but were given our room straight away, which was a good start.
The building has been beautifully converted and our room (303) was huge, set out across two levels, and well-equipped with TV, CD player, iPod docking station and magazines. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom is very generously sized, but given the space I was surprised that there was no separate shower cubicle.
The location is perfect, really central. I should say that, as you’d expect on a Saturday night in this location, there was noise from the street, and there isn’t any double glazing.
However, it's let down by a lack of attention to detail. The room hadn’t been cleaned properly, the light in the wardrobe wasn’t working, the décor is shabby with water damage clearly visible on the ceiling. The bathroom tiling has seen better days and there was a large crack in the loo near the hinges. The reception area and desk are messy, and reception staff seemed rather lack-lustre. All in all it just didn’t live up to my expectations of a luxury boutique hotel which is a shame because this place could be great.
We had a fantastic time in Liverpool and I’d love to go back soon, but not to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool