There was nothing 'wrong' with this hotel as such, it's just completely overpriced and most definitely not boutique standard hotel. We left feeling disappointed and that we could have got much better elsewhere. And it was for our one year anniversary :-(
*Comfy bed, pillows, duvet
*Big luxury towels
*Nice shower (although far too low for anyone with height!)
*The general finish of the room wasn't good enough- major scratches in desks, floor, unfinished walls where holes had been filled and tired looking furniture
*Room was WAY too dark (which was ridiculous for getting ready!)
*Rooms on front of hotel are noisy as it's right near bus depot and stands etc.
*Breakfast was budget not boutique- self serve drinks/toast etc... With cheap bread and juice and a token tired looking fruit bowl. No freshly made tea or coffee served -again all self serve
*Bar/restaurant area also very dark - black carpet, dark curtains, dark furniture - it's a stunning building but all that dark makes it miserable. Felt like night time eating our breakfast!
Apart from bed, shower and towels -everything else you could get in a budget hotel for half the price. Would not stay again or recommend I'm afraid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool