We checked in at about 7pm on 25th January and as I was on crutches with my leg clearly in plaster I did expect to be shown up to our room and not merely pointed in the vague direction of.
Once in the room I was initially quite impressed, it was spacious with a lovely big bed and nice white linen, sofa in front of a big TV, table and chairs. However, in the bathroom after having clearly stated on the hotel website there where no " Elemis" bath and shower products, rather, cheap everyday alternatives, no bathrobes or slippers which you would find in any Holiday Inn!
Anyway we tried to call reception to book a table for dinner only for there to be no answer, after several attempts we gave up and ventured downstairs to be told the restaurant was closed, this was only 9.45pm, the waitress did seat us after speaking with the chef, the menu was presented, fish and chips, steak and chips, chicken and chips! Hardly boutique hotel standard food. We were then told last orders for drinks would be taken at 10.50pm! With no room service available I felt slightly cheated out of a full evening experience. Because of said plastered leg I ended up spending the rest of the evening in front of the TV instead of a nice hotel bar!
Super comfy bed, went down for breakfast, small choice of cereals, yoghurt etc but waited an age to order a cooked breakfast which was just OK. All in all this hotel is a fair way from boutique, probably won't stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool