“A cheek to call it boutique”
Review of 62 Castle Street

62 Castle Street
Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We checked in at about 7pm on 25th January and as I was on crutches with my leg clearly in plaster I did expect to be shown up to our room and not merely pointed in the vague direction of.
Once in the room I was initially quite impressed, it was spacious with a lovely big bed and nice white linen, sofa in front of a big TV, table and chairs. However, in the bathroom after having clearly stated on the hotel website there where no " Elemis" bath and shower products, rather, cheap everyday alternatives, no bathrobes or slippers which you would find in any Holiday Inn!
Anyway we tried to call reception to book a table for dinner only for there to be no answer, after several attempts we gave up and ventured downstairs to be told the restaurant was closed, this was only 9.45pm, the waitress did seat us after speaking with the chef, the menu was presented, fish and chips, steak and chips, chicken and chips! Hardly boutique hotel standard food. We were then told last orders for drinks would be taken at 10.50pm! With no room service available I felt slightly cheated out of a full evening experience. Because of said plastered leg I ended up spending the rest of the evening in front of the TV instead of a nice hotel bar!
Super comfy bed, went down for breakfast, small choice of cereals, yoghurt etc but waited an age to order a cooked breakfast which was just OK. All in all this hotel is a fair way from boutique, probably won't stay again.

2  Thank 617Suziemc
Castle62, General Manager at 62 Castle Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I am thrilled you enjoyed our rooms - we have to agree, our beds are extremely comfortable! Our suppliers differ, so I'm afraid on this occasion there was no Elemis, however the Priay range does come highly recommended.

Our last orders at the bar are at 11pm, however, we are more than happy for our guests to take drinks back to their rooms. We are in the midst of reviewing & reinventing our menus as a hotel, so it would be our pleasure to invite you back to sample our new & exciting seasonal menus.

We hope your leg is on the mend & we look forward to inviting you back again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed for 1 night, mid week which was a mix of business and pleasure. We found the staff to to be friendly and helpful. Our room was magnificent and decorated to a very high standard, our only critisim would be the sink is set very low as were the taps on the bath, but overall very impressive. Our stay included Breakfast which was ok but nothing spectactular, we got the impression that not many people actually had breakfast as we were the only ones eating and they had to set the table. We intend to visit Liverpool again for a weekend and would not hesistate to book 62 Castle Street.

2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for one night at 62 Castle Street. The hotel itself is really nice, gorgeous building and the décor is lovely. We found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful.

The rooms are massive, very spacious and well equipped, the bed was super comfy as well. We had a problem turning on the TV, the staff were really friendly and came up to help us – the TV wasn’t working in the end so they offered to moved us to another room, which was equally as nice and spacious.

We didn’t have breakfast or use the restaurant but from the look of it it looks really nice. It had a well stocked bar as well.

Location is great, a few minutes away from the city centre, Liverpool 1, Albert Dock and commercial district. Ideal! Some nice restaurants and bars surrounding it as well.

My only down side was the lighting in the rooms wasn’t the best, struggled to find a great light to put my make-up on. Also I agree with the previous comments made about the shower head being low, although I have read they are sorting this out in a renovation. These faults are extremely minor and would in no way put me off staying again or recommending.

Great hotel, great location and will defiantly look to go back when visiting Liverpool again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CBandMM
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a wonderful time in this hotel. It had been recommended by a colleague and the moment I entered the room I really wished I was there on leisure rather than business. Check in was grand, friendly staff etc but it was really the room that blew me away. It was spacious, split level, massive windows, beauitful uplit full length mirror, lovely bed. Check out was great and the staff were really pleasant.

The only things I would say and similiar to others on here, at 5ft 6 the shower was on my head and you couldn't move it and the breakfast did take quite a while. All in all would totally recommend it.........go on business, you'll go back for fun!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Quick and easy check in, very friendly reception staff. Beautiful room, very spacious and everything spotlessly clean. Bed very comfortable but pillows too soft for me. Also shower head was fixed and far too low. I am 5' 7'' and had to bend down! Only down side was that there did not appear to be many people staying at the hotel so there was no atmosphere at all in the very nice bar/restaurant. We were the only people in there for breakfast at 9am. Hotel right in the heart of the city and great value for money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had room 203 which is a large, superior room at the front of the hotel. Very quiet as three floor...
1  Thank Liz P
Castle62, General Manager at 62 Castle Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

I am thrilled to hear your experience was as perfect as we would hope here at 62 Castle St.

We are undergoing maintenance this year & are looking into the shower situation!

We would love to welcome you again this year, perhaps stay for lunch - we do love our Afternoon Teas - complete with the finest bubbly we can offer!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at 62 Castle Street with my partner for his birthday. It's an excellent location for the main shopping areas and bars. Check in was slick and first impressions was good. Upon entering our room - we were blown away. Both of us agreed that it was the best room we had ever stayed in (and we've stayed in some lovely places). So much so that we didn't really want to leave.

The bathroom was amazing. It would have been perfect if it had a bath but everything else was wonderful. Full length windows opened up to a bustling square outside and streams of sun burst in the room. I loved the mezzanine area for the huge bed. The panels in the hallways and bouncy carpet just reaffirmed you were in a boutique hotel.

We had only booked for one night (we wish we could have stayed longer) so to make full advantage of the room, we decided to have breakfast in our room. One full English and one veggie breakfast. We called room service to order it. After 30mins of waiting I called again. Eventually it arrived but both were full English and no tea had been provided. At this point we had waited so long that it was getting very close to check out. I called to explain that they had not provided a veggie breakfast. The waitress tried to persuade me that it was a veggie breakfast!!! I was furious. When another waitress arrived with the tea, I told her that my other half had to have breakfast alone and I had nothing to eat. She was apologetic and took away the uneaten breakfast.

When we checked out, they tried to charge us for both breakfasts. After some debate, the receptionist took both off the bill.

Apart from the breakfast incident, the stay was lovely and we would probably stay again but this time, go out for breakfast.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Yvonne G

I am thrilled to hear you were impressed with our beautiful hotel & we have to agree, our location is most enviable!

Many apologies regarding breakfast, we go out of our way to provide for all dietary requirements & since your stay in October, rest assured our F&B team are all fully rehearsed in room service & our growing positive comments hopefully reflect this.

I would love to have you both back & for you to enjoy our full continental & English breakfast - we do provide some delicious vegetarian options which I'm sure you would enjoy!

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was lovely ....

The room was huge clean and stylish! The windows were huge and overlooked the Main Street.

We had a sofa and table and chairs to eat our room service and watch a film at night.

The bathroom was very clean and the rooms spelt like they had just been cleaned.

Great location and brilliant price.

Will be staying again in the future I'm sure.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for such a glowing report!

My team & I are thrilled you thought our hotel to be as superb as it truly is.

We have to agree, our location is fabulous & perfect to see the sights & sounds of Liverpool.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon - perhaps join us for Afternoon Tea in our bar & restaurant - it truly is a wonderful affair.