My wife booked us in here as my birthday present, no doubt after carrying out her usual in depth research, and what a great choice she made.
The location is great as it is very close to James St Station and only a 10 minute walk from Lime St Station. L1 and the other main shopping streets are nearby, as are Albert Dock and Matthew Street. If you don't mind a bit of a longer walk, it's not that far to walk to the Cathedrals and most of the other sites as Liverpool centre is relatively compact.
The hotel is very welcoming with very nice public areas and helpful staff. Our room was spotless and very roomy with a split level area with a comfortable sofa. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
We had an excellent stay in Liverpool thanks to our hotel and the friendliness of the city as a whole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool