My girlfriend and I stayed at 62 Castle Street, last Sunday, following a family wedding the day before. We arrived at midday hoping we could store our bags for a couple of hours before check-in at 2pm. We were greeted by the very helpful receptionist who told us our room was already ready for us. The room itself was huge and very individual with quirky features abound. The bathroom was large and spotlessly clean throughout.
As others have commented, the room is a little on the dark side, but this is down to the small windows and close proximity to the next building. Being a Grade II listed building, I doubt there's anything they can do about that. A few of the lights weren't working in the room, but a quick word with reception and they were rectified in no time at all.
The location of the hotel couldn't be better, right in the middle of the city centre and within walking distance of the fantastic Liverpool One shopping centre. All of Liverpool's other attractions are also in walking distance from the hotel.
I am an exiled scouser, but this was my girlfriend's first trip to Liverpool. She left with a love of city and an amazement of how warm the people are.
I would recommend 62 Castle Street to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool