We stayed here for a 2 night mid week break. Overall we really enjoyed our stay in Liverpool and in general at the hotel. For us the management could have ensured that our stay was excellent rather than just good by just addressing some issues.
The bedroom was in need of a facelift. The wooden window frames were in need of painting and general maintenance as the wood was rotting. They are also single glazed (probably due to planning restrictions) so do let in quite a bit of noise on an evening and early morning, to be fair though I guess that this has to be expected when situated in a city centre.
The carpet in the bedroom was really dirty. The worst part was a trail of stains from where the tea tray at one end of the bedroom was situated to the other side of the far wall where the bin was situated. Obviously dripping tea bag stains. If the bin had been moved closer to where the tea making facilities were, I am sure this could have been alleviated from the offset. However good room management should have also addressed this problem and had it cleaned. We also found that the room furniture was quite dusty. The lighting is very poor and not all lamps were working. This makes it very difficult to apply make up.
The bathroom was a good size but the ceiling showed stains from previous leaks and there was also a large size area next to the ceiling hatch that had peeling paint down the full side of the hatch.
To re address, if the management make some fine adjustments to this hotel it could get a full 5 stars every time. It is for this reason that I list the above as I would like to see improvements. For managements information the room number was 208.
All in all we did enjoy our stay, the building and architecture is fantastic. You could not wish for a better location to visit Liverpool one. We did not eat at the restaurant as we had already booked to eat at other places for this visit, thus we cannot comment on the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool