Review Highlights
Great location a real plus if traveling first class

First class lounge in central location of lime street station with good view . I didn’t know we... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
tomsam
Southport, United Kingdom
via mobile
Helpful staff

Always a good experience when I visit the station. The staff in the ticket office are very helpful... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Diana M
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Liverpool
from $21.08
from $26.35
from $14.49
from $26.35
1,079 results
All reviews busy station nice station wh smith wetherspoon pub ken dodd ticket office food outlets st georges hall city centre empire theatre platform bessie merseyrail signage manchester journey passengers
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

First time to this liverpool lime street station as i have pre purchased and wanted to print and was helped by the helpful information centre/desk lady and thanks to you, and also on the departure day, all was good and smooth, taxi stand was near to the boarding gates and this made dragging my heavy luggage easier

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

I booked a ticket to travel to Birkenhead by train. My ticket said to change at Liverpool lime Street changing at platform 1. I got off the train at platform 2 and waited patiently for next one from platform 1. When it didn't come and I finally found a staff member to ask I was told matter of factly that I wanted merseryrail which is in fact underground!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 31, 2019

Lime Street is one of the oldest stations in the world, being originally opened in the late 1830's as the terminus of the line from Manchester. The cuttings into the station from Edge Hill were blased out of solid rock and these works can still be seen as you arrive into Lime Street. We arrived off our train as some sort of special train was departing and were swamped by a gang of train spotters! On our return trip there were some problems with the train and some cancellations but in general the journeys were good. The station is connected to the Merseyrail network by the loop lines under the city so you can travel around the wider conurbation very easily. Also shops and a Wetherspoons bar close by and a short walk into the city centre so it's well located as well as being architecturally very interesting.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

We were departing from the station to Carlisle so had a bit of time to relax with coffee and take in the sights of the station before we left.
It's great. Large and busy yet organised. Unfortunately, we were there before the First Class lounge opened at 10am but it certainly didn't detract from being there. It's the sort of station where you could spend time just watching people and trains.

Reviewed December 1, 2019

Busy but well staffed for ticket purchase. Good clear announcement first one l have actually heard to be able to follow. Train on time (Northern Rail) All good!