3,261 results
All reviews plum bar a river view room walk in shower huge bath wet room car park next door mini bar lovely hotel liver building standard room albert dock cooked breakfast city centre multi storey reception staff reception area couldn't fault
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really great place for a city stay in Liverpool. Close to the docks and the city center within walking distance.

Nice rooms with great view on the river and the cruise ships.

Best service, big thanks to Kevin and the team from the restaurant - will come again!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Y3279FMsimonw,

Thanks so much for your great review and lovely comments about Kevin.

See you again soon.

Love Mal xx

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ideal Sunday overnight stay when driving from London to Holyhead Ferry.
Room was tidy and evening menu catered for my steak craving, as well as my wife’s ‘chicken and vegetables’.
Staff polite and attentive, and free wifi meant I could keep up with my emails. Happy to return here, especially as a short walk to Albert Dock restaurants, galleries & museums.

Frasers Hospitality, who I understand have recently added Malmaison to their portfolio (??) could do a better job at providing a centralised reservation point for their brands, as I needed to find & contact this hotel directly - the Fraser Apartment (where I’d stayed the night previous in London) was not able to recommend this sister-hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear GrantC1108,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a lovely review.
Happy to hear you enjoyed your evening meal and our free wifi.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love Mal xx

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sadly I was very disappointed that the Malmaison failed on some very basic points. Overall the room was adequate and nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed. However, there was a massive “punch hole” in our wardrobe, and the bath appeared to be missing the shower hose attachment. Also there were no tumbler glasses, which meant that you had to drink water and everything else from a wine glass! The air conditioning in our room also seemed to stop working on our second night, which meant it was uncomfortably hot.

I was shocked to find that the only toiletries provided were shampoo and body wash. There was no conditioner or body lotion provided. I find this completely outrageous that a hotel that is supposed to have four stars thinks that this is acceptable. It is not! I do not expect to have to bring these items with me and indeed have found these in every other four star hotel I have ever stayed in! And most three star hotels! I did ask reception for these items and was told that the Malmaison did not provide them. There were also no other toiletries, such as shower caps or cotton buds provided.

Lastly, I realised after we had left that we were duped into paying twice for service at the restaurant. I did not notice until I double check the receipt afterwards that a service charge had been inserted in the list of items, rather than below the subtotal as is usual practice. This meant that I did not see that service was already included and so added extra. I cannot believe I am the only one to miss this and expect many of your customers are paying double for service! This is thoroughly irritating and deceptive.

All in all, the service was generally good, the location was mediocre and the facilities were average at best. My advice, don’t waste your money because this is not a four star hotel. Four star hotels provide basic toiletries including conditioner and body lotion!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Charlotte P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your stay with us and our disappointments. We always appreciate all guest feedback and will be sure to pass these comments regarding conditioner and body lotion and the service charge tip for staff to the management.

All the best,
Mal xx

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Malmaison midweek during a business trip to Liverpool. On arrival I was quite taken by the decor of the hotel; some might say it feels quite dark but I thought the style added a unique ambiance.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The check in process was very quick and easy.

The room was actually quite spacious and again, I really liked the decor. The bed was large and firm, which I really like and there was enough space in the room to move around freely. The en-suite bathroom was particularly nice with dark gray tiles, walk-in shower and separate bath.

I did not eat at the hotel, but I did sample the bar before going out for the night. Again, the staff were friendly and they had a good selection of drinks, although prices were a little steep.

Overall, a really pleasant experience. The hotel was very clean and tidy and looked extremely well maintained - no signs of wear and tear at all in the room or public areas. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Traveled on business
MalmaisonLiverpool, Front Office Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear H199XHdavidp,

Thank you for your kind review!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a superb time with us. We hope you dont wait long before coming back to stay again.

Mal x

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Positively the worst hotel of the hundreds that I have stayed in.
My initial impression was that the foyer and reception area were generally dark with black furniture and fittings. On reaching the room, this was amplified - grey carpet and walls with black furniture. What’s more, the lighting was poor, especially in the bathroom - it was impossible to see well enough to instil eye-drops or even to shave.
My wife found it difficult to dry her hair as there was no dressing table or vanity unit, and she had to stand up in the bathroom to do this.
The shower could not be controlled resulting in either scalding hot or very cold water. Complaining to reception resulted in a promise to rectify, but this did nothing to improve the situation.
The curtain was a roller blind with a very short operating cord that meant having to stretch over the desk in order to operate it.
Had we not been staying with a pre-organised tour group, we would have walked out and found alternative accommodation.
Some designer”s idea of a trendy look that is absolutely impractical.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maps611057
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear Maps611057,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay.
The Malmaison brand offers mood lighting along with darker furniture and decor to make us stand out from the rest. I am sorry if this was not to your taste.

All the best,