“Top Quality”

Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
West Lancs
“Top Quality”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Malmaison for Valentines Night, the package included a 5 course evening meal with cocktails. We were in the Toffee Suite which was very modern with all the facilities and decorated to a high specification. The breakfast was one of the best breakfasts I have eaten. I would highly recommend this hotel.

The only fault with this hotel was the lighting which was very dim, so much so that you couldn't read the menu.

2 Thank Macca48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were moved to the Malmaison when our original hotel, the Hard Day's Night, had a fire the day before we arrived. Both hotels were great and rearranging our stay.
The Malmaison is a little bit out of the centre, but benefits from being quiet as a result. On the docks and almost next door to the Liver Building.
It is very dark in the hotel, but I think all Malmaisons are designed for couples on "romantic" weekends and it definitely reflects that.
The Deluxe King had an amazing bathroom and an exceptionally wide bed.
The staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lovely.
Definitely recommend.

1 Thank LadyKLondon
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had been wanting to stay at the Mal for quite a while and got the chance to do so as a birthday gift from my partnet. The rooms are very stylish, spacious and have a great selection of TV channels including sky sports. The bathroom is again very stylish and has everything you would want from a hotel of this quality. We got a fantastic deal at £99 for the room and a two course meal with a bottle of wine in the hotel restaurant. Would definately reccomend this hotel to all.

2 Thank KevinCain1878
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here on business one time and it was a very nice hotel. It certainly was a change from the norm. The hotel is full of dark colours and decor, so I wouldn't recommend to anyone who wouldn't like to stay in a "dark" hotel. It was very nice though, I liked it because it was different. I liked the way the bathroom was laid out. Big bath, nice over head shower. The bed was comfy but I had a bit of a problem with the pillows. 1 wasn't high enough, 2 was too high but other than that it was a comfy sleep. Room had mini bar and hair dryer. The toiletries supplied were plentiful and they encourage you to take them home, including the soap, it's just a shame they don't supply you with a little bag or something to put the soap in. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel but did have 1 dinner and the food was quite nice. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a weekend get away. Stayed here for two nights at the beginning of February with my partner and thoroughly enjoyed it. Close to the city centre with Liverpool One shopping centre within 10 minutes. Staff were helpful, calling taxi's for us while we waited in the comfort of the hotel bar. The staff kindly stored our luggage free of charge before check in and also when we checked out so we were able to make the most of our last day. The rooms were clean and well kept with a lovely big bed. Bathroom was the main highlight with a deep tub and huge shower, wish I could have taken them home! Overall we had a great stay with Malmaison and I would definately recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed February 2013
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Got this room at an absolute bargain price, so wasn't complaining either way.

Entrance to the hotel is dark and almost sinister- deliberately so, with a very modern fire in the centre of the foyer.

The hotel is very dark throughout: furniture, carpet and walls, in an almost sensual theme. The literature provided being very suggestive, bath big enough for 3, and a great walk in shower...brilliant after a heavy night!

Would feel cheated if I had paid any more as it completely relies on this them and there is not a lot more to it.

Very clean, staff very polite and courteous, standards very high. Only downside is the medium walk down the quays into Liverpool One, which if the weather is being British, isn't all that fun!

Worth a stay for the right price!!

Room Tip: Quay side room!!!
1 Thank BenjaminJZ
north wales, UK
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Decided to treat the hubby to a night away as a late valentines gift and after trawling through website after website found the Malmaison.

you have heard all the 'what they have as you walk in' before, but I will say the reception is lovely.. The hotel building is quite a sight too.. so yep was pleased. Staff lovely and told us we could check in early.

We step out on the 5th floor and the corridors are very dark... not a problem as I hate generic, clinical looking hotels so this just added to the charm. Room was great, liked the dark decor and the deep tub and was quite amused to see the toilet in the same part as the shower... still not a problem for me or the hubby though so can't whinge about that. So!! some people like to moan about a scuff on the wall or a scratch on the furniture.. please remember people this is a hotel and not your personal bedroom. It was perfect for us and like most hotels we go to, we checked it out, dumped the bags and headed on out to walk along the waterfront. Which when we did, saw that directly opposite was the HMS illustrious.

After an afternoon of getting fish and chips from the chippie on Albert dock (you won't be disappointed) and then letting the hubby spend some money at Liverpool one. We headed back, got ready and headed down to the bar. I like that you sit and they come over and get your order.. yes! the cocktails can get pricey, but work your way through the list.. they are lovely and if your not going to splurge on your night away then rent a movie and get a take away and stay at home.

So basically I have nothing to whinge or moan about when it comes to the Malmaison, it suited us and I will go back there and stay. There was a wedding on this weekend and I know that people can moan about such happy occasions ruining their stay,... well It never ruined our stay in the slightest. To be honest, I think its a quirky venue for a wedding. Can't comment about the restaurant but after our experience at where we went (A different review and that is a polite moan) I wish we had stayed in and ate there... but then again its good to get out!..

1 Thank janeandgary1972