“Karen and kevin are wounderful hosts with a great staff behind them”

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
boston ma
“Karen and kevin are wounderful hosts with a great staff behind them”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a great stay thank you to the lady that recommened the Throstles Nest to me, very welcoming comfortable rooms great breakfast an only a stones throw away from town. When ever am in town thats the place for me can't thank Karen,Kev and staff enough brilliant team.

Room Tip: Ring the Throstles Nest
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank gordon c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

In a great location if you are going to see a liverpool game but its a bit of a walk to the city centre! The rooms are a bit dated but are clean! The breakfast is great every morning and the staff couldn't be any more friendly!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Hihihhihi
skelton
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed at Throstles Nest Hotel, several times when going to see a football match. Kevin always gives us a great welcome, catching up on news. The rooms are immaculate, and the breakfast is excellent, once again the staff are first class. We find the hotel very convenient, as half way between the ground and the city centre. Kevin is always there to help with any information you may need, a real smashing bloke. On our last visit we met Kevins wife, needless to say another very friendly welcome. To sum up, friendly, excellent and immaculate.
Paul & Judy Jackson

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pauljudySkelton
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Arrived went straight in the pub cheap beer 10 Budweiser £20 ,Kevin explained to us where to go ( Matthew street ) , rooms clean breakfast in morning great with decent quality items , will book again , thanks Kevin a true gentleman

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Deanataluc
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first impression of this hotel from the outside as we traveled down a busy duel carriage was was not great. I have to say it looked rather grim and I feared that I had booked into an unsavory place. This was compounded by the fact as I tried to turn off the carriageway to turn back I ended up going through the tole tunnel under the Mersey. Top Tip - turn left before or at the Shell garage not afterwards!! Anyway once we had parked up and entered the hotel my initial trepidation disappeared - Terry the reception chap couldn't have been more friendly and our room was fairly basic but very comfortable with good bathroom. The location is fine for the city center and taxi fares are cheep (£2.80 one way). Next day we met Kevin the owner who was very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We never made breakfast due to enjoying late nights but others in the party said it was great. I would definitely stay here again and fully intend too. Thanks Kevin and Terry we will be back.

Room Tip: There is one which isn't en suite so don't choose that one!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Johnski99
Lymington
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Trostles Nest Hotel in Liverpool on the 23rd and 24th May 2013, while on business. The evening prior to my arrival I was informed by the Hotel (Kevin) that I had been upgraded. On the day of my arrival the weather was very poor, it was raining quite hard. I requested to check in at about lunchtime or in the very least leave my bag while I was in meetings in Liverpool town centre. I arrived before 10:00hrs and was immediatly shown to my room. i then in the rain needed to get into town, and was about to order a taxi when Paula who had booked me in said that she would drop me off, which was really appreciated considering the weather. On the Friday night a freind of mine dropped in, and after a very quick negotiation was allowed to stay in my room, and have breakfast, all at a very competive rate. The hotel itself is very clean and tidy, the staff are very freindly, and the breakfast was filling. real 'power shower! The only negative was the bar adjoining the hotel, by 22:00hrs it had closed.

Room Tip: I overlooked the church yard..the further that you go to the rear of the hotel the quieter it is..ha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Popped down for a weekend stay with my son, quite a late booking, but from the first telephone conversation with Kevin(owner), who accommodated our needs, we knew we would be greeted by a friendly and helpful team at the throstles nest hotel. From checking in to checking out, we were made to feel welcome in there beloved city, and there knowledge of the area is amazing if your staying to visit Liverpool and all it has to offer. The hotel itself is clean and the rooms have all you need, could not ask for more, highly recommend the throstles nest, for an all round enjoyable experience, Alan and Jordan Dunn.

• Stayed May 2013