“alright riding school”

Croxteth Park Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Have fun learning to ride or improving your skills, with top quality tuition and great horses in a beautiful outdoor setting. You can learn to ride without leaving the City, in the beautiful outdoor setting of the former Earl of Sefton's stables in Croxteth Country Park, Liverpool's biggest park. Our instructors are experienced, fun to work with, suitably qualified and we are proud of our teaching success. Our Pony Club team are currently the national champions (of the UK Pony Club Centres). We are equally proud of our horses and ponies. We own all of them, so we know how important it is to select the best and look after them well. We teach lessons in a fenced outdoor riding school with a sand surface (known as a menage) and also in the fields in summer. You can also ride out (hack) on the bridle tracks in the Park.We are open six days a week (closed Mondays), with daytime and evening lessons under floodlights.A British Horse Society Approved Riding Centre.
Reviewed September 10, 2011

hi croxtheth park riding centre is a good riding school all of the ponies and the horses are all very looked after but the stables have all cob webs in and it has some rats ther aswell. however, the teachers ther are good but some of them can be very nasty or they moan at you if you do something wrong. but i have left now because i loan a pony now! and also the toilet is disgusting!!!! the tap doesnt work so it highgenic!

3  Thank lilly s

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Having been a regular rider at Croxteth park for many years, I cannot praise it highly enough. Firstly and most importantly are the welfare of the Horses and ponies, who are so well cared for and the premises are spotlessly clean. I noted an earlier reviewer mentioning that the properitor Viv lacks patience, I beg to differ she has Standards! She does not just go through the motions as other establishments do, she actually wants people to learn correctly and takes a genuine interest in their progression.
I would not hesitate to reccomend this establishment to anyone from a beginner to an advanced rider.

6  Thank cocosm
Reviewed July 8, 2011

there are horses for beginners to advance and the owner viv ensures that all her horses are looked after to a high level. none of the horses have a high work load unlike other riding schools not far from here... the yard is always kept tidy and the lessons are well worth the money... viv can be firm but if you take notice of what she is trying to teach you you will develop to be a great rider..she can get short tempted at times but its not a big deal she just wants you to listen and ride her horse properly...as anybody would!!overall, this is a friendly, well run yard and i would recommend to anyone!!

3  Thank the_beany1989
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Hi My Names Olivia And I Used To Ride Here At Croxteth Park I Always Used To Ride Piglit And He Was An Absoulte Babe! I Now Love Gellings Riding School(Were I Now Ride) But Nothing Will Ever Top Croxteth! Thanks For Teaching Me So Much Viv And Rose And Nikki!
You Go Ponies! You Rock!

5  Thank popgirl30
See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2010

My impression of this riding school is that the horses and ponies are always spotlessly clean (as is the yard). As a nervous rider who has ridden at Croxteth for years, I have been encouraged to progress but never beyond my capabilities, and enjoy the social side as other clients are friendly and instructors are encouraging and patient. Client competitions have provided me with the chance of doing some dressage and clear round jumping despite not having my own horse (unfortunately!).
I would recommend Croxteth to anyone, young or old (there are plenty of us over 50's there!) for an enjoyable experience and to learn in such a lovely park in the centre of Liverpool.

3  Thank helen5450