“What a little gem this is”
Review of Hanover Hotel

Hanover Hotel
Ranked #60 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Winsford Cheshire
“What a little gem this is”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hanover for a night last Friday and what a surprise it was, from checking in to breakfast the next day the staff were excellent. The hotel is smack in the middle of Liverpool's night life and if you stay there looking for a quiet country hotel, look elsewhere or at least don't come on here afterwards and review it like you would have done for one. I would have expected it to be a sort of hostel but it is not. It is a real quality hotel that has just been re-furbished. The communal areas were spotlessly clean as was the room and en suite bathroom. Beneath our room was McCartney's Bar, a popular night spot where I enjoyed a really good pint of Guinness. Obviously if you go to bed early the noise from the bar can be heard in the room but that didn't bother us one bit. Tea and coffee a safe, all was available.
The following morning we went down to breakfast which was in McCartney's bar where the staff must have worked really hard to transfer it from a night time bar to a breakfast room. Breakfast was professionally served and I must say that despite staying in hundreds of hotels, this breakfast was near the top in the way it was prepared and presented. The bar and hotel have framed photographs of the Beatles through their career on the walls. We will deffinately be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here.
The first time was a saturday night so the bar downstairs was open 'till 1am and very loud but it does say on the website that this isn't a quiet hotel.
The rooms are clean enough and as I stayed in a single room it was small with a single bed but comfortable.
In the morning no one was on reception so you have to go through to the bar area where two staff members where sitting chatting in a booth. One eventually took notice of me and asked what I wanted for breakfast. It was ok, a little basic but well cooked.
I then had to let myself out. Felt very much like a hostel.

Second time round, I booked this hotel through booking.com last minute as I originally thought I was staying somewhere else. it went through fine, telling me that the hotel had been notified etc however when we got to the hotel the man on reception had no clue I had booked. There was no record of it. However he gave me a key anyway and told me to talk to the reception in the morning about what had happened.
They keep the door locked at night so I told him I was going back out and he said that was fine, just ring the door bell when I wanted to return but when I did return, no one answered. I was sat outside the hotel ringing the doorbell, chapping and phoning the hotel trying to get in for 2 hours.
The door was eventually opened when another guest was leaving, he had the nerve to tell me that he would have heard if I had been ringing the bell!
I just went to my room, got my stuff and left. I didn't even get an apology.

If you want to stay here, make sure that you don't leave the building or you're not getting back in.
You're paying for the location and that is it. Otherwise this hotel would never be able to charge as much as it does. It's fine if you're desperate but otherwise I'd suggest going elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Leanne D

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here last week, the rellies were up from London, had access to our rooms from lunchtime. the rooms are basic but spotless, the staff are amazing... and the food is great! you get more than you pay for, the Travelodge wanted 120 per night per room, on a room only basis...5 of us stayed... 159 quid b&b...am looking to book for our anniversary! would deffo recommend it... or maybe I shouldn't as there wont be any rooms left!!

Room Tip: city centre hotel... top location, great value... and you couldn't wish for nicer staff!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CazzyJay
Chorley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We needed a hotel in the city centre because I was drumming in the Liverpool Brazilica and this was the most central to all our needs. The staff were extremely friendly and our room was simple but very clean. The bed was super comfy too! There is just one small niggle though. There was a heatwave and the room was stiflingly hot. You couldn't open the window to let some air in. There was a ceiling fan, but this only worked if the light was on. Luckily, we took a fan of our own expecting it to be a hot night and thank god we did! We managed a few hours of broken sleep. If you could open the window, you could let out the stagnant hot air and let some fresh air in. I suppose we rarely get a heatwave like we have had recently so in our normal British weather conditions, this wouldn't be a problem. After a belly full of ale, we couldn't face a breakfast, so I can't comment on that. Overall, I would stay at the Hanover again because of its location, staff, and price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deefer_Deb
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Hanover is in a very good location to visit all what Liverpool has to offer. The accomodation is very basic, but it was the cheapest hotel I could find in Liverpool on the weekend I stayed over. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the homemade breakfast certainly helped brighten my Sunday morning. If you don't expect to much then this is the hotel for you; cheap and cheerful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tmpswooner
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is perfect located in the heart of Liverpool.
There is one pub which give an atmosphere of enjoyment around. But the same can eb very noise late at night, but every guest is warned about it before booking a room.
VEry friendly and helpfull staff.
Rooms are ok, simple but clean. Enough for a short staying.
Miserable breakfast, unfortunatelly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank LilianSilva
Wolverhampton
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Fab location, right slap bang in the middle of the tourist area both of night club and places of Interest. People lovley and friendly. Staff were professional, friendly and approachable. Breakfast was fab along with the service. The bar service and entertainmemt was Also fab. Our first time in Liverpool, it was My birthday.....I was not dissapointed. To be honesty, as a two Star and from the outside....I was not hopeful However once inside it was.like a tardías and a lovley atmospher, clean welcoming. This place should be at Least a three Star rating and I will be staying here again. Thanks for a lovley experience.

• Stayed June 2013