“Great Hotel Value!”

Ranked #53 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel Value!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed in Sir Thomas Hotel with my boyfriend and we enjoyed our stay. We thought the hotel was beautifully furnished and we appreciated the warm welcome we received when we entered the hotel. The staff remained friendly and professional at all times (they even provided me with ice cold water in the middle of the night which was good). The staff were also very helpful when I rang to make the booking, as they responded well to my enquires and offered us a comfortable room for one night and a full english breakfast for just £55-great value! I was also very impressed with the breakfasts. We loved the buffet, containing toast, cereals, danishes and other refreshments, coupled with a full english breakfast. Lovely food!

However, there is room for improvement in this hotel. Our room received was not suitable, as it was difficult getting to sleep, due to noisy, outside traffic. Other rooms may be better. I also felt that the room was reasonably clean, yet I was disappointed with the towels provided in the bathroom, as they contained a smell of smoke. There was a fault with the windows, as we felt they were not secure enough and we felt a draft. The room therefore could have been warmer and less dull. Decorations could potentially improve the room. My final criticism is regarding the television. Few channels were available and they were not all clear. We did however enjoy a nice hot shower and the room was well equipped with bathroom facilities, a comfortable bed and good storage that helped is greatly.

On a whole, we felt the service was very good and value was excellent and so we enjoyed our stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Where do I start . I don't have anything nice to say about this at all . The bed was so cheap and the springs in the matress where shocking . The bedding was nasty . There is no wifi . No tv . . There is a disco on the lower floor . We had the room above the disco and it felt like I was in disco . Luckly for me I wasn't as the police was called . I enquired about time for the disco to end and got told tuff luck it has a 24 Hour licence . I had no sleep and when we did finally have some it was time to get up . There was a note through door saying we couldn't have breakfast down stairs. When we went down to leave for a day out there was two police cars that said crime scene and the rest was closed . God knows what happened . Second nite was just as bad . No one cared less . Waste of time complaining no one cares . On checking out the rception man just said that all and walked away ..... This is a cheap place but it is honestly not worth it . Worest hotel ever stayed in

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Va22lin

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We got a good deal on two nights here for a girly weekend away but as they say you get what you pay for. If you want a quiet time then this isnt for you. But this would be the same with any busy city centre hotel but the noise from the parties were extremely loud. The rooms are tired and the full hotel needs a renovation job but the bedrooms were spacious and the beds clean.
Our TV didnt work and the room had obviously just been painted, it also needed a hoover but as were there to sleep and get a shower only we didnt complain. The best thing about this hotel was the staff, Darren the receptionist was a wee star and we enjoyed talking to him, he had a smile and a nice friendly word for everyone who passed though the doors. Also lovely young Irish girl at breakfast took the time to talk to us. Next time I visit Liverpool I wouldnt stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Southport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

rooms are clean and basic, but not over priced so was not disappointed, basic Continental breakfast, staff were friendly, lovely bar area with good cocktails i had 3 long island iced teas,yum. would stay again for the price :)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm just back from Liverpool and I can't wait to see my own bed! 6am wake up calls comin from the noise of street below is no good! We were on the 1st floor what seemed like there smallest corner room. fr such a small room that dark red paint and dark carpets done nothing for it. lighting was terrible in the room and bathroom, there was some kinda of smell in the hallway, carpets weren't clean and the flooring in bathroom is awful! Shower door and hair dryer faulty. For such a beautiful building it's far from being a "boutique" hotel, needs a serious re model. It looks great on there website but abit of false advertising going on.

Only things going for this hotel is the location, friendly staff and the deal we got, but the price reflected the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Trud1e
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you go on the website this hotel is described as a 'boutique' hotel. There is no way in the world this hotel can be described as boutique. Overall appearance was tatty, threadbare carpets, stained seats, poor decoration, chipped furniture. This hotel was more like a hostel with lots of people wandering around with bags of food, lots of partying go on in rooms. We were only there for one night to attend a local wedding so we counted ourselves lucky. We had a chance to look at the rooms on the way out when the cleaners were in action and other rooms looked similar.

Be warned it's nothing like the website! Very poor value for money

1 Thank Gosling5
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at sir thomas for 2 nights sat 16th to mon 18th, we had a great time, I must say I did find the room a little bit dated and in need of a little update but saying that the rooms were clean and warm. The bar downstairs is nice and played some decent music def worth nipping in for a drink, they let us take our drinks up to the room and the staff wer nice and pleasant. The hotel is in a great location, we came for the nightlife which is literally on the door step, Mathew street is a 1 minute walk and is alive with some great bars and clubs. On our 2nd night we took a cab to Albert dock which only cost us £3.80, it is walking distance but I had heels on and it was raining so I thought £3.80 was worth it lol. Some lovely restaurants and bars at the dock and a little bit quieter if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle and be in a swankier surrounding, we had a great night here too. Would certainly stay at sir Thomas again if just for the location, it's literally within walking distance to everything, shops pubs, museums and everything else u need, if staying in a standard room do not expect luxury and it is a little noisy from outside but in all fairness that did not bother me 1 bit, was worth the money, a good hotel in all.

• Stayed March 2013