“Great Fun”
Review of Yellow Duckmarine - CLOSED

Yellow Duckmarine
More attraction details
Owner description: Starting from Albert Dock, YellowDuck Marine offers an amphibious tour of the city streets and its waterfront aboard a brightly painted former WWII landing craft. Dedicated to all ages, tour guide commentaries are insightful and fun.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Six of us went on The Duck and had a great time. Adam was our tour guide and was funny but informative. John our driver was a good singer haha. He gave us a couple of verses of Beatles songs.Had us all singing near the end of the tour. I was a bit dubious about going 'into the dock' but it was all good fun. Definitely recommend this.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am always a little 'wary' of guided tour group trips where you get a boring talk about architecture and statues from a shrivelled OAP ( I can't say much as I'm nearly one myself), but the Yellow duck Marine could not be further from this description.
I am embarrassed to say I knew very little about Liverpool before I took this hours excursion, and when we got off, I felt I had had a fantastic hour of information, great comedy, superb views and learning.
I always admire people who are able to teach an audience without the audience actually knowing it, it's a great skill that our driver (Phil ) and our conductor (Adam) have and they don't even know it. Your employers should be very proud of you gentlemen!!!

What's the DUKW like?
This vehicle was used on the D Day landings, it's an old army transport vehicle with bus seats fitted, it's not made for comfort, and if you don't like the smell of diesel, may be this is not for you.
What's the tour like?
30 minutes of road sight seeing in Liverpool city centre with fab commentary's, and cheeky Liverpudlian charm, then 30 minutes of water 'cruising' when you get to see fabulous yachts, river front properties and more great commentary.

Would I recommend this trip?
YES, YES YES....it was great!!!!
This is a polished, practiced, performance, with great staff and I learnt loads about Liverpool.

TIPS:- you have to book in advance, we went to the booking office at 9.45am and the next tour that was free was 2pm.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked in line before realising it was The celebration of the battle of the Atlantic so the usual route ha been changed. This was a little annoying as there was no discount and warning of the change until we were sat on the boat. I still can't believe how that heavy piece of machinery gets in the water. it was a laugh and I would recommend it but it is overpriced.

2  Thank agem
Reviewed May 28, 2013

tour guide very funny, be ready for the water pistol, with a few facts thrown in, from reading other reviews people seem to be surprised that the ducks are a bit rough round the edges and tempermental, they are from the 40s and are wooden, adds to the charm. would definitely recommend .

1  Thank peterboo
See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a brilliant tour and suitable for all ages. It's a bit of a bone shaker but then it is 70 odd years old. The staff are all really funny and make the trip fun. If you get Ian and Adam you are on a winner, they were hilarious and made it fun and informative. The tour goes around town and they point out the attractions on route, then they get everyone to scream and then race down the ramp to the water. It is great fun and if you only have time for one thing in Liverpool make sure it's this.

1  Thank MKWolf