“Amazing tour!”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 223 Nightlife in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering free walking tours of some of the best cities in Europe and the Middle East, SANDEMANs NEW Europe is the best way to start your stay.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were felling a bit lost in our first day in Liverpool. The only thing that me and my friends knew about the city was about The Beatles. On the second day of our visit we decided to make the tour.
All the explanations that our tour guide (Izzy) gave to us were fantastic. She conducted the tour with a lot of energy and made us feel more comfortable in the city.

Liverpool is beautiful and has much more to offer that I thought.

2  Thank JC F
Write a ReviewReviews (2,410)
All reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 17 reviews
"three hours"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 16 reviews
in 289 reviews
"blitz"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This walking tour is a great oportunity to get a first overview of the city. Liverpool is well known by the Beatles, but there are other aspects to it. Izzy was great, she tried to give us as much information as she could in 3 hours! The only drawback is that she spoke too fast sometimes and for some tourists who dont have English as first language it may be difficult to follow everything.
Before doing the tour put on you walking trainers, because you'll get to know the whole city!

1  Thank 23Mayara1989
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having never done one of these 'free tours' I was skeptical about the quality of the tour before I arrived. I was pleased that Izzy was the guide, having read such positive reviews about her on Trip Advisor. Any worries I had were completely unfounded as Izzy was just as friendly and knowledgeable as other reviewers said she was.

The tour lasts around 3 hours but it is chock full of interesting stories and history that would be missed without a guide. I personally enjoyed the architecture stops and the walk along the river, but every topic that was included was well placed and had just enough information to help me feel informed without being overwhelmed.

These tours work with a simple concept - it costs nothing to join but if at the end you think it is worth paying for, you can give the guide whatever you think it is worth. Izzy worked incredibly hard to show us a side of Liverpool that most other tours would not take in. Based on her performance and the quality she deserves much more than a simple round of applause.

1  Thank lucielu61488
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've done the free tour in many other cities around Europe, but Izzy definitely stands out as one of the tour guides most passionate about their city. The three hours were very informative and pleasant, revealing us a lot more than just stories about the Beatles,
I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Antonio B
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm from Liverpool, and decided to go on this tour to see if I could learn something about the city. I did. Izzy was excellent, felt right away in safe hands. She treated our history with the greatest of respect and taught me loads of things I didn't know. Perhaps even the highlight was the tip-off about the old wet dock of Liverpool, an activity I did afterwards which was excellent too. All round great fun.

1  Thank 186337James_M