“Great value for money”

Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great value for money - reception and room decor very modern, bright, fun design. Very clean throughout. Location is close to shops, bars etc. staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely visit again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
h7601_gm, Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind Regards, Joanna, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This mid-range hotel, on the edge of the city centre, is good value for money. Opened after refurbishment in October 2013, there are some design problems. The breakfast, which is continental but plentiful, is good but the buffet area is so narrow that it is almost impossible to move in when busy. Rooms seem fine but the heating/air conditioning system is counter intuitive (it's when the red light goes off that it starts to work) and there are no in-room instructions which can lead to long periods of frustration with cold air belting out. Rooms are well lit but there is no way to isolate individual lights so it's either brilliant illumination or almost nothing. I was signed in for a four night stay by reception but the door key declined to work after 24 hours as the computer had registered only a one night visit. Next day the key again refused to work - wiped, apparently, by my mobile phone in an adjoining pocket. Room service failed to make up my room on day two. And free wi-fi sometimes works but then only slowly. But overall the stay was very good and the staff are friendly and efficient without exception - especially Roxanne and Luke on reception who were outstanding when what may still be teething problems arose. The hotel is ten minutes from Pier Head and most major attractions, including Liverpool One. A little further to the two world famous cathedrals. There are undoubtedly better hotels in the city but not at this price and probably some much worse at greater cost.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank miesmartt

Dear Mike, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street again soon. Kind Regards, Joanna, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was my first time in an ibis and I was very impressed. The service was great and the room was clean and nicely decorated. The location was absolutely perfect which is surprising considering how low the price was, I'd normally expect to pay £100-£150 a night for a night with breakfast in a city centre.

The only thing I would suggest is maybe to offer more fruit at breakfast as there was only apples and oranges available. Maybe some melon or grapes or something just to give some more variety.

I will definitely be coming straight here when I come to Liverpool again, and I'd also look at other locations too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking your time to post this nice review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team and I we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Styles Liverpool. We are looking forward welcoming you back again very soon. Best Regards: Joanna, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked this Accor hotel having stayed at lots of Accors in France. Everything was great including breakfast and wifi for just over £40/night. Believe all the other reviews. What a little gem. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: February 2014
h7601_gm, General Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Leicnis, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit, and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street again soon. Kind Regards, Jorge Otero General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We booked this hotel as we wanted a nice centrally located hotel on a budget. The hotel was £47 which included continental breakfast. The hotel is fantastically decorated, very modern and original, lots of character. The rooms are fair sized with everything you need. (Except we had no tea bags and didn't realise until 9.30pm). I'm presuming the hotel is either new or newly refurbished as everything is spotless.
The hotel is in the cavern quarter with a tesco express next door, a pub at the other side and lots of bars just 2 min walk down the road inc the cavern!
Staff were very friendly and breakfast was good for continental.
You can park your car in the Q car park just behind the hotel for £10 for 24hours.
All in all a fab character hotel in a fab location!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sammie W
h7601_gm, General Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Sammie, Thank you very much for your nice recommendation of Ibis Styles Liverpool Dale Street. It was our great pleasure to make your recent stay with us excellent. We hope to welcome you soon again in the hotel. Kind regards, Jorge Otero. General Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2014

A good central hotel in Liverpool great for exploring as it is within walking distance of many places of interest. Friday night meant the hotel was busy but we checked in easily. Beatles themed room was clean, if a little small, and the bed very comfy. The bathroom, again very small, in a 'pod' but had everything we needed with a great shower. Continental breakfast was fine although the breakfast area is small and very busy, this could definitely have been better planned for the number of rooms and guests. As we were leaving on the Saturday two very large parties were checking in (one stag and one hen) not sure if this will be a theme for the hotel, luckily it didn't spoil our stay as we were only in Liverpool for one night. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful, we would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking your time to post this nice review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team and I we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Styles Liverpool. We are looking forward welcoming you back again very soon. Best Regards:Jorge Otero. General Manager

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just stayed for 2 nights with my son. Great value. Really modern and clean. The Beatles themed rooms were a real change. Clean and tidy through out and well presented. You can see it a newish hotel but much better that some of the budget hotels I've stayed in. Complimentary tea and coffee is great (and loads of hot choc for the kids). The complimentary continental breakfast is ok but limited but will certainly stay again if in liverpool. The staff were really friendly and helpfull. 5 minutes to liverpool 1, 10 minutes form lime street station and a short walk to queens square for restaurants and buses

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank wella1975
h7601_gm, General Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team and I we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Ibis Styles.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Best Regards. Jorge Otero. General Manager