“Great one night stop off”
Review of The Podworks Hotel

The Podworks Hotel
Ranked #58 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed November 4, 2013

As they clearly detail, the rooms are very small, however they are very clever with the space. The double bed takes up half of the room but the TV/storage units are all neatly placed around/above to claw back some of the space. For a few nights in Liverpool, this hotel is perfect. However I wouldn't want to spend much more than a week here because my unpacked suitcase would fill the room! The bathroom is actually surprisingly big and the shower is spacious, hot and powerful (very good).

One small downside, it was a 'minus second floor' (in the basement) room. This meant there was no mobile signal or windows. I only spent a few hours in the room though so really wasn't a problem!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Matt Y
There are newer reviews for The Podworks Hotel

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel whilst away on business, this is only the 2nd review I've ever written, I've stayed in plenty of nice hotels but I only ever write a review if something in particular exceeds my expections. The hotel itself is exactly as you would expect from a hotel of its rating, the rooms were modern and clean, the price and location were good, but the thing that caught my attention was how friendly the staff were! During my stay I asked their advice on local places to eat and directions which they were happy to help with, and the receptionist, I think her name was Becky even let me borrow a charger as I had forgot to pack mine! I will definitely stay here again and I have recommended it to colleagues and some friends who visit Liverpool annually for the Beatles weekend!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Stacey D
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is my second time staying in the print/pod works apartments. My first stay was in the print works and I found the apartment to be brilliant and the men in reception to be very friendly paul and paul. I was just back recently and I was staying within pod words this time. I still like the apartment however it was nothing compared to my first stay, a lot of things were broken and the rooms were a lot smaller. However it was still a great stay and I found Lee on the reception at night time to be...very friendly and helpful which would be the reason for myself and others to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Orla D
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed in the Pod Works, Very nice location within the city centre, nice cleanliness in the appartments but I have to admit, alot of things were broken, drawers, cupboards and shower doors and the oven. but all in all a good stay. Special mention for the reception Lee who worked the night shift. Very friendly and keeps the customers laughing. made the stay that little bit better.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed in the pod works and I would recommended to everyone who is looking for nice small hotel in the middle of Liverpool.Walking distance to all attractions,room was nice and clean and Becky on reception was amazing.She was very friendly,recommended us good restaurant and night club.I am working in the hotel so could say the service in this hotel is very good.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucie Z
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to visit my best friend at uni and needed a cheap place to stay. This was the cheapest I found which was excellent and close to everything, walking distance of about 5 minutes from the centre which was fab for shopping. Rooms were clean and comfortable, bed quite high but I liked that. They are just like a pod which is great, comes with complimentary tea and coffee and a kettle. Bathroom is spotless and very tasteful, looks like they have just been done out. The rooms are quipped with an LCD TV with all free view channels which is great when we just wanted to chill out when we arrived and when we were getting ready with the radio on to go out. Staff were very friendly and the reception is also a bar with lots of spirits in fridges being the desk. The bedding and linen was spotless, the room also came with a hair dryer and full length mirrors which are perfect for going out. Check out time is 11 but we didn't go till 11.30 ish and they were fine with that. Overall, cheap as cheerful,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just back from visiting liverpool for the first time! What a place and what made the visit for us was the Pod Works, From the very start to the very end the Pod Works was perfect.
The Staff were just brilliant and to name a few, Artom EXCELLENT, Becky EXCELLENT and Lee EXCELLENT. The room was perfectly described and more than done the job and was spotless, Its located just a 2 minute walk from Liverpool One and I mean just 2 minutes.
We just cant praise it enough It made our stay so enjoyable that we are already planning a return visit in the new year.

Thank you Pod Works and Staff you deserve the best review anyone could ever give

See you all Soon

Padraig & Nadia

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to ask the staff anything because they will do whatever it takes to make your stay th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PadraigMcGuire
paul k, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay I will personally thank all the staff members on your behalf.
We do try and make all our guests feel welcome and we try and help in any way we can so it is with pleasure that we succeeded in making your stay so memorable.

Kindest regards