“quality service at a budget”
Review of Z Hotel Liverpool

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As noted by othe reviewers this has only just opened. Location is great. If you want Mathew St then it is but a 2 minute walk and it is 3 mins further to L1 Shops.
We were on the 8th floor and there were good views out of the window towards the river. Room was quiet with very comfortable beds. These were Queen sized, and although smaller than my bed at home it gave us a good nights sleep. We were in an accessible room as my wife is in a wheelchair so perhaps had slightly more space than other rooms but as they note, you are not there to be spending time in your room, all your facilities are in the City right outside, so spend your savings there.
The staff were really friendly and welcoming and although I had no need of advice for the City I could see them helping others out with tips and directions.
A nice touch which I didn't use but others did was cheese and wine offerred to guests early in the evening.
If you had breakfast included then this was a continental buffet avaialable at reception. It looked small but they do top it up at regular intervals. Cooked items are available at extra cost I believe but cannot be charged to your room . This speeds up check in and check out.
The room has all you need to be comfortable and with the efficient and cheerful staff it fits the brief.
As its new if you are getting a taxi there from Lime St station, just tell the driver its right on corner of N John St and Dale St, entrance next door to a shop selling running gear. Itsa 5 min walk from Moorfield Station

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruffwood1
There are newer reviews for Z Hotel Liverpool

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We found Z Hotel on Booking.Com - the hotel has just opened as we were looking for somewhere to lay our heads we took the no-window option of a room.

The taxi drivers in the city were not familiar with the hotel as its only just opened but upon arrival we were pleased with our choice although the reception doubled up as a bar but this was no issue just can be a little busy.

We went to check in and was told there was no recollection of our booking after a long day travelling it was the last thing we wanted to hear - we were told to take a seat and offered a free drink.

We sat for a while while 3 people tried to sort out our booking, the staff were very friendly and said they would do everything to ensure there was a room - in the end we were allocated an upgraded room (upgrade = window) we realise this was not the hotels fault and will book with them direct next time!

We were based on the 8th floor and the views were amazing!!

A 40 inch plasma screen with sky sports and movies and HD also went down a treat and a very powerful hairdryer located in a drawer which was a great find but shame there is only one plug socket and not located near a mirror!

The bathroom / wet room was a glass cubicle - which although slightly frosted it may be impersonal to those sharing with friends / family. The shower was really nice with towels and shower gel provided.

We went out in the evening and the staff on reception wished us a good evening. The hotel is in a perfect location and there was no noise, one of the best night sleeps I have had. The room did get hot mainly due to the sun shining directly in our room and took a while and lot of fiddling to get the temperature right.

I would definitely recommend the hotel for a weekend break and it will be my first choice of hotel when I next return to Liverpool. See you again!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a window - the view is amazing - particularly on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma M
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

If you go seeking 5* luxury- it's not but, it's a great hotel. Placed sufficiently away from the rowdy revellers but a 2 mins walk to everything. No street free parking.
It's centrally located & handy for everything, concerts, pubs, restaurants, railway, museums, shops & L1.
Very friendly staff, superb views from 6th to 8th floor rooms. My room had a window, you can book cheaper rooms without windows.
The shower/toilet arrangements in the same room will not be to everyone's liking & you really need to be comfortable with your room mate as its literally next to the bed!
All in all, an enjoyable stay, it suited my needs & I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for a night out in Liverpool with a friend at a price of £40 and thouroughly enjoyed our stay. The reception was strange as it was in the cafe but the staff we're very helpful! We stayed in an inner double room without windows, the room was quite small but big enough for what we needed it for. The bathroom in the room is kind of strange it was a splashroom with frosted glass that you could see through! The beds and pillows were mega comfy and we had a quiet nights sleep. the only downside was that our TV did not work so we rang down for someone to come and fix it and nobody turned up but overall we weren't in the room long and it was cheap and cheerful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Day_tripper1234
Reviewed May 5, 2013

After struggling to find somewhere to stay in the city on a Saturday night of bank holiday weekend we came across Z hotel on Laterooms. Not knowing what to expect for the very reasonable price we paid we turned up to be surprised by this fabulous find!

The positives:
• really friendly helpful staff - nothing was too much trouble
• clean modern room with everything you need for an overnight stay
• fantastic wet room with huge fluffy towels
• huge tv with sky movies and free wifi (essential when you have to stay in as you have an 8 week old baby in tow!)
• fabulous location - Liverpool One and Albert Docks within strolling distance
• on street parking outside the door - free overnight from 6pm til 8am
• great cafe downstairs with lovely fresh food and very reasonably priced
• not overly noisy despite being in a central location with 92 rooms

The negatives:
• hotel entrance / reception not well signposted - you feel as if you are just walking into a cafe and the reception desk also doubles as the bar/cafe counter
• glass bathroom walls and door have no lock and don't offer great privacy - fine if you've been married years but I should imagine this may be daunting for new couples or friends sharing a room!
• great view of the city from the rooms but the windows were filthy so couldn't take any photos
• only one plug socket?!
• air conditioner didn't want to turn off and despite putting temp up to 30 degrees it still blew out a cool draft (we took the key card out of the electric connector and it went off but then no lights in the night!)
• the rooms are on the upper floors and the ground floor area where the lifts are could do with being updated. It doesn't give a great impression when you arrive and are about to go up to your room however once you exit the lift on your floor you are welcomed by that new carpet smell and lovely modern decor

All in all this is a fabulous hotel in a great location with super staff and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Becks_R
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed in the Z hotel knowing I basically just needed a bed for the night as I was arriving late and leaving early. The only room left was available at £40 for the night, did not include breakfast and most unusually did not include windows! I'd had no luck looking for rooms in other hotels and couldn't be bothered spending any more time searching so I decided to take the plunge. 'So what if it's a pit, since it's just £40 for the night when all I want is somewhere to sleep?' I asked myself. However the room was extremely modern, scrupulously clean and the bed was very comfortable indeed. The staff were really friendly. The room had no chairs but then I had the cheapest room in the hotel, and probably any hotel in Liverpool - but what I did have was superb value. When I stay in Liverpool again, the Z will be my first port of call, not the last!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank woodrowireland
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary and booked a standard room which was compact and did not have a window but beautifully kitted out and at £48 an absolute bargain.
On arrival we had a lovely friendly welcome and offered champagne to celebrate our anniversary.
Then we were offered an upgraded room at £20 extra which we accepted as this did have big windows with great views over the city rooftops and the Mersey.worth every penny.

Free cheese and wine from 5 to 7 (it justs get better and better). What a lovely start to our special night.

Delicious continental buffet breakfast if you are up to it.

Thanks to Jane and her lovely friendly team
For an amazing time. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013