“Great beers”
Review of The Dispensary

The Dispensary
Ranked #191 of 223 Nightlife in Liverpool
Reviewed December 8, 2014

A regular place for me to visit when in town. Beer is an award winner, and only ever found the staff to be helpful. odd reading some of the reviews, I thought they were talking of a different pub. I never go in there on match days though

3  Thank paul m
"friday saturday"
"opening hours are"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 1, 2014

Met up with some friends in here after we had been on the Liverpool Georgian Quarter pub crawl and was really looking forward to this pub, having heard good things.
However, Liverpools basil fawlty appeared from nowhere intent on spoiling my evening.
After trying a tiny sample of an ale that I didn't like, he refused to offer me another sample, suggesting that I was a freeloader and taking the piss.
Having been to many great pubs suggested by camra, all over the UK , I can say I have never been refused a small sample of ale and treated like a piece of scum.
I was then told by the landlord to sod off to "the grapes".
Such a shame.
Don't waste your time here.
Do what the landlord says and go to the grapes.
His words, not mine.

20  Thank Mysterons
Reviewed November 25, 2014

In watching the crystal plalace liverpool match, last sunday , our designated driver was asked to leave for having a soft drink, and told no more soft drinks would be served. Needless to say we all drank up and left, wont be going again, no loss to us, plenty of pubs that appreciate our custom. Reading other reviews think we got of lightly just be asked to leave. Will be contacting council about the owners approach to responsible drinking.

15  Thank alowster
Reviewed November 12, 2014

Nearest pub to my hotel that sold real ale so popped in for a pint. By the bar there are a number of CAMRA award certificates and there is a fantastic choice of excellent ales. Two barmen very friendly and talkative and will definitely return next time I`m in Liverpool. Only a small pub so will probably get crowded but the atmosphere last night was very friendly.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 4, 2014

I have never felt so embarrassed and belittled in my entire life, it was a cold night and I had been in university all day so I had a pair of jeans and a warm hoodie on. My best friend asked me to meet him at The Dispensary as he was watching the Liverpool match and I had just finished my studies. I walk in with my hood half on and was approached by the owner or manager I presume and asked to take it off (which I know is silly of me) so I immediately apologised and removed my hood. I then asked for a glass of coke and was rather aggressively told 'I refuse to serve coke on a match day and it is on ITV so you can watch it at home, go home and watch it'. To this I was shocked and thought this managerial member of staff must be joking, who turns away business?? I laughed it off and turned to my friend in conversation, seconds later I was then asked to leave the pub because I was not buying a drink and wasn't being served a coke. There were a few other things said to me but I'm not going to mention them, overall I am shocked at the overall professionalism of this gentleman and will not be returning to this so called 'open house' again

21  Thank peasandgravy1989