“What a find!”
Review of Annie's Tea Rooms

Annie's Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 26 Dessert in Liverpool
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Traditional Tea Rooms, based in North Liverpool, a perfect stop after visiting the Iron Men along Crosby Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I had been wanting to visit Crosby to walk along the beach and experience the Anthony Gormley Iron Men ("Another Place") for some time - and through Trip Advisor found this wonderful tea room. Once inside you are treated to a warm welcome from Annie and her staff, who do their utmost to ensure you enjoy your visit.

The menu is extensive - serving all sorts of breakfast items - including the triple stack of fluffy American-style pancakes with maple syrup and crispy bacon which I enjoyed, to the more traditional English Breakfast or just a bacon or sausage sandwich for those with a smaller appetite. The coffee was excellent - all in all an excellent place for breakfast!

But, as it was so good for breakfast, we decided to go back after our walk to sample further delights from the menu. This time my wife and I enjoyed afternoon tea. A round of sandwiches with the crusts neatly removed and cut into small bite-size pieces, filled with their excellent home-cooked meats and a dressing (I had the chicken with tarragon mayonnaise which was first class), a small plain scone (homemade of course) with jam and clotted cream, a homemade shortbread biscuit and your choice of homemade cake from a selection of at least four different types - all served up on a 3-tiered cake stand, served with a pot of tea and using matching vintage china cups, saucers and tea plates - what more could one need? The scones, cakes and shortbread biscuits were as good as the rest of the food - namely excellent.

Incidentally, they do also have an extensive lunch menu, with sandwiches, paninis, hot baguettes, baked potatoes and salads. Maybe we will sample them next time!

All of this in the beautiful surroundings of the recently decorated tea room - which has only been open for around 6 months. It is clear it is already becoming popular - as on both visits there was a steady stream of customers coming in.

Annie and her team have done themselevs proud. This has to be one of the best tea rooms in Crosby/Liverpool, if not in the North West of England!

We will be back and we will be recommending Annie's Tea Room to our family and friends!

1  Thank Donald0156

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I had lunch at Annie's and enjoyed every minute. My daughter and I ordered "Annie's Tea". It was lovely. The cake stands it was served on we're so pretty, and the sandwiches were delicious. For the price we paid, it was an excellent value. The tea room is decorated beautifully, and the service was efficient and attentive. The only change I would suggest is a better "till service" to pay the cheque. It is a small area, and to have to pay at the counter is a bit hard to manage - maneuvering around other tables. Otherwise, very good!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My daughter treated me to afternoon tea this afternoon for Mother's Day. I cant recommend it highly enough. Everything that was served was homemade and melt in the mouth gorgeous.
The decor is fabulous. The staff attentive and professional.
It was such a lovely treat.
I have been to Claridges for afternoon tea several times and this was equally as charming. Will definately go again and would encourage everyone to go in. You won't be disappointed .

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I absolutely loved Annies tea rooms after it being highly recommended by many ppl. The decor is not, as previously mentioned on this site, 'old fasioned' but vintage, which is very current and on trend atm (typical that a man should write old fasioned isntead of realising its very kitch and sought after!). The value 4 money is amazing. Me and a friend got a tea pot each and 2 big huge sandwiches for £12 in total!! I would have then loved to have a (big) slice of their homemade cakes but could not fit it in!

I enjoy the high tea for 2, a selection of cakes and sandwhiches with tea which again is very filling...for a tenner!! I have had high tea at fortum and mason for £50 per head and did prefer Annies (each to their own).

My advice is book ahead as it is very small in there so be careful if youre having a mothers meeting and bringing all the prams because they wont fit. Although the staff are accomodating and do what they can to fit u in!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just missed the breakfast menu but will definitely go back for that anyway as we had a lovely lunch. I had the Italian salad which ws divine and my aunty had a baked potato with salad. The big pot of earl grey tea was accompanied by a pot of water as we both like it weak! Loved all the decor. Reminded me of sitting in my grans back kitchen listening to the old stories!!!!
Great addition to Crosby.