“Ideally located modern apart hotel”

Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #30 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Birmingham
“Ideally located modern apart hotel”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed one night at the Adagio on a weekend break. It is located in rear part of the Lewis's store only 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Lime Street station. We were in room 415 which was a new and modern apartment complete with kitchenette with fridge, microwave and small hob. A few seconds away is the Main Street which has many restaurants and pubs on the way down to the Albert a Dock about 15 mins walk. Also it is only 5 mins away from the main shopping centre. Breakfast is optional in the 3rd floor restaurant at £12.00 per head. You can do much better in the local eateries. Staff on reception were professional and helpful with maps and info on the local attractions. I was a bit taken aback with the request £100.00 refundable deposit assurance against breakages. Most hotels just take a swipe of the card. We paid on credit card and were told it could be up to 48 hours before it was refunded. I think Adagio must use this as cash flow???. Overall a good stay and we would use again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve_e_hewitt
H7332GM, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear steve_e_hewitt
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of Adagio Liverpool City Centre. I am glad to see you have enjoyed your stay. I will address your positive comments to the staff as well.
The security deposit is stated online when you make a reservation but it is not a payment therefore we do not take the amount off the account it is only being held and released upon departure.
I hope to see you next time on your visit in Liverpool.
Kind regards,
Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend were going to stay here at Easter time, my friend took sick and I try to get a refund or even a credit note from this hotel. The hotel gave me no help at all . I can't believe how bad the service was for such a big hotel . All I can say is I'm disappointed with the service I got!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Stewart H
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thanks for your comments, As explained to you on the phone yesterday, your reservation was made in November 2013 at a discounted promotional rate. The terms and conditions of this booking state that your reservation is made on a pre pay no change or cancelation rate and as such cannot be refunded or amended. Unfortunately we are unable to make an exception to this as your reservation was not made directly with the Aparthotel and you have in fact not paid us any money but the booking agent you made your reservation through.
If you have travel insurance you may be able to claim the amount paid from your insurance company.
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here whilst up for the Green party conference. Very central venue. V Comfortable rooms with all amenities.
The staff were very helpful and courteous.
The place was very clean.
If it is location and comfort you want then this is great.
I found it a little bit cold at times even with the thermostat at its highest.
A bit soulless for some I expect... but it is exactly as it is advertised. A great use of the space... and very peaceful. Couldn't hear a dicky bird even though it is in a very busy part of town. I would use this chain again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Tracey M - Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us @ Adagio Liverpool City Centre. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed a peaceful stay with us.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends overnight as a treat as we were meeting another group of friends in liverpool for a day/night out, we live in the wirral so not far to travel. Location is brilliant, no need for taxis, staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was great, very comfortable. The kitchen is very well equipped, only thing missing was an ice tray - no ice in our drinks is a no-no. Had a slight problem getting the heating to work but sorted it eventually, instructions could help. Overall our weekend stay was lovely, we thought we may have been disturbed by noise because of the central location but didn't hear a thing, I would definitely recommend the adagio for a stay in liverpool.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen C
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thanks very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Adagio Liverpool City Centre.
The team and I are glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were a group of students visiting Liverpool and this accommodation for the first time, they insisted on a £200 deposit from us against damages we thought that was fair so we agreed, the following morning I woke to find £100 missing from my hand bag, I did complain to the reception lady (Shannon who was most helpful).

She said that the hotel management would be in touch nothing!

The police were informed but due to lack of evidence nothing could be done.

Sadly the key entry records show that one of the security guards entered into our room on the basis that our friends room next door was left ajar, still haven't got my money back draw your own conclusions.

Good apartments nice surroundings pity about this experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank sgw825
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
sgw825 - Thanks for your comments, Please allow me to express my apologies for the incident during your stay with us, I was most concerned to learn of this incident.

The police have investigated your claims and due to insufficient evidence are not taking the case any further.

For guests safety and security a safe is provided in all apartments and should be used for any valubales left in the apartment.

Kind Regards - Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Normally, I go by the price of a hotel to be able to tell whether it's worth staying in, (snobbish? Perhaps) but this four star took me by surprise at only £95 for a Friday night in the city centre.. The photographs looked okay so I went ahead and gave it a shot...

PERFECT. To my surprise the apartments were absolutely gorgeous, kitchen had everything! Including pans and even a blender! Bathroom was stunning and everywhere was spotless.
One minor thing was that the freezer made a strange sound for about 15 minutes at 3am, but when we called reception they offered another room for us to stay for the rest of the night! It had stopped by then though, so we were fine.

Drinks are also so reasonable! £1 for a coke and £1.90 for a J20... £2.75 for alcohol and around £12 for a bottle of wine... Happy!

Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steph_cunningham95
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Steph_cunningh... Thanks for your loveley review of Adagio Liverpool City Centre following your stay.
We are classified by Visit England as a 4 * serviced apartment, so slightly different to a hotel grading.
Great to see that you will be coming to stay with us again.

We look forward to see you next time.

sussex
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights - 3 of us in a suite with 2 rooms and a kitchenette. We thought it was great. Very clean and comfy in a central location. Also very quiet which is always good for a City centre place. View of scaffolding from window wasn't great but all the things you'd want were here and because it is new everything is in very good condition. Only 5 mins walk from all the shopping, attractions, and the station.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank sussexlive
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Sussexlive - Thanks for your review, Great to hear that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Liverpool and enjoyed your stay in our soundproofed apartments.

Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre