“Fantastic”

Ranked #28 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed in this aparthotel last weekend 5th - 7th July. Amazing - absolutely spotlessly clean. All the cups glasses, plates, cutlery - have never seen things so clean. Really well set out apartment and top quality items used. There is a really big fridge in the kitchen, a dishwasher and a microwave. Two televisions - one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. The bathroom is separate from the toilet. Very central location, literally next door to Central train station. Extremely handy for the shops and nightlife.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. And one very nice man, who's name I should have got, took me to the 3rd floor lounge and pointed out the original features that used to be part of the building when it was Lewis's dept store, which I told him I remembered. He also told me that the walls are very thick, so the guests don't get disturbed by noise and it is true, we didn't hear anyone else the whole weekend. No noisy revellers, no slamming doors, no loud tvs.
I would stay here everytime and recommend it to all my friends and family. I did think, maybe I should keep this as my secret, but after speaking to the staff and hearing the hotel was completely full on Saturday night, (yet no noise from other guests) looks like the secret is out.
(Re the 100 pound deposit - use a credit card, its pre authorised and put back on your card, without incurring charges.)

Room Tip: I used the apartments own website to book a twin room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janniefromthepark
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Janinefromthepark - Thanks for your recomendedation, the team and I are pleased you had a fantastic time on your stay with us at Adagio Liverpool Centre.

Due to limited availability the twin studio apartments are only avaialbe to book on our webiste or directly on the phone. They cannot be reserved on other sites.

We look forward to making you a regular visitor to our aparthotel.

Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked a studio flat for a business trip. I came late evening to do my work on my laptop only to find that the Wi-fi was not working. I was asked to come down to reception with my laptop and mobile phone at 22:15 and I waited for the un-experienced receptionist to try and sort this out. I eventually went back in my room and had to create a hotspot from my phone to be able to use the internet on my laptop.
Also location is very difficult to find. The view from my room was a very ugly building site. Would not book this again, not a 4 star hotel and not for this price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Simoniri, Thanks for your review, I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay.

Wifi is avialble throughout the hotel along with two public computers that are free to use and connect to the internet. Following your visit to reception, our wifi provider was called and the wifi operation checked and it was confirmed that it was in full working order, I am sorry that your device would not allow you to connect to the network.

There are large directional signs all around the building directing guests to the entrance of the aparthotel.

The aparthotel was awarded 4 * status based on the facilities and services offered by Visitengland in June 2013.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night & were very impressed with the hotel, great first impression with reception, huge apartment for the two of us, very clean & modern. Car parking is a bit difficult to find but only £10, location of hotel is perfect. Very nice stay & would highly recommend.

1 Thank DMW228
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
DMW228, Thanks for your review and recomendation of Adagio Liverpool Centre.

Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us in the heart of Liverpool.

Hope we can welcome you back again for a return vist.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in here over the weekend! Although the £100 deposit is abit of a shock, the rooms are worth it! They are spotless and spacious! It's far better than any hotel By far! The location was perfect and couldn't get more central! I would definatley stay here again and couldn't recommend it more! Just be aware of the deposit which I can understand, and due to get back this week!!

• Stayed June 2013
H7332GM, Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear MrsKatC

Many thanks for such amazing feedback on Adagio Liverpool.

We always aim to meet our guest expectations and are please that we managed to meet and exceed yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adagio Liverpool soon!
Kind Regards

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

just back from a one night stay over , the apartments were loverly & centeral to city centre, i booked 6 apartments based on 4 sharing a room HOWEVER the only set back was we were asked to pay A £100 deposit ,per room whch we were not aexpecting , being the main lead name on the booking i felt obliged to pay the deposit in full for all 6 rooms , although the payment shows as pending and will be refunded in 5 days it still reflects on your bank balance and your available to spend other than that it was a great place to stay & will be booking this hotel again in september

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Carol R,

I am delighted to receive such positive feedback about Adagio Liverpool.

I thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in September!

Regards

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked a double room through booking.com for £65 which we were told was non-refundable. Fair enough. We were not told about the £100 "security deposit because it isn't mentioned ANYWHERE - not on their website, not on booking.com, not on confirmation email - only found out when we tried to check in and were told they wouldn't let us in without it.

Faced with the "choice" of going elsewhere and losing the £65 or paying the £100 and risk not getting it back, my husband and his sister and brother in law (who were also booked in and were not told) negotiated with the staff who said we would get it back the next day (actually within 5 working days as we used our debit card, let's hope it goes in by this Friday...) and once Trading Standards was mentioned they dropped it to £50 each for the 2 rooms.

Still plan on reporting this hotel as it was a compulsory charge that if we'd known about it, we would have gone elsewhere (prohibited under unfair trading regulations as a "misleading omission"). Two good points: great location - near train station and some great pubs and shops etc, good to see the old Lewis's building not going to waste; also the room itself was lovely but just not worth the hassle.

2 Thank Nikki19k
H7332GM, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Nikki19k

Thank you for your review. Our check in procedure is to take a security deposit on arrival however I would like to thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. I will do my best to indicate it in the terms and conditions.
I am delighted to see that you find the location conveniente and like the room features. Also happy to be a part of Liverpool's history in a great building like the Lewis's.
Your Sincerely,
Gabor Pfeffermann
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night after having had a busy day out. The first thing you'll notice about reception is that it has a rather cold reception with no music playing.

First the bad:
We checked in at around 7pm and were 'greeted' on reception by the team leader (can't remember his name, he was tall with short blond hair).
On check-in (which was pre-paid through booking.com), we were queried as to whether we had picked a correct room type (just a double bed for two guys to share). When we said that this was fine, he reiterated if we were sure that 'two boys' in one bed was what we wanted. We said yes.The rest of the check-in process seemed rather cold and distant and a bit awkward with no chit-chat thrown in.

There seemed to be quite a bit of dusting needing to be done up high eg top of the mirror in the bathroom. The dishwasher and towel rack wouldn't turn on. We weren't too fussed as we were not planning on using them, but they should be working in every room.

When we were finally climbing into bed we noticed the duvet cover had a red stain and a slash down the side meaning the duvet was hanging out. However we were too worn out to complain and this was a minor detail.

Now the good:
Ahmed, the night receptionist, was VERY friendly and greeted us with a smile and a bit of banter. He provided us with free internet access (which we weren't made aware of until after our check-in process) and the customer service satisfaction we were looking for all day!

The rooms are very spacious and complete with a full kitchen (minus an oven) including cutlery. The bathroom is of a suitable size, the shower is huge with a powerful water spray so it doesn't feel like you're just standing in the rain! There's no extractor in the bathroom but this isn't a problem at all.

The walls between the rooms are a bit thin and you can hear the other guests in their rooms but this is to be expected in any hotel.

Overall, I would stay here again due to the affordable cost, the great shower and nice rooms. However, our stay was a bit ruined by a lack of friendly customer service on arrival.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TLDS
Dear TLDS,
Many thanks for your feedback concerning your recent stay in Adagio Liverpool Centre.

First let me address your concerns regarding the check in you experienced. We do like to confirm with all guests on arrival the room type they have selected, due to us having a very limited number of certain room types, in order to ensure guest satisfaction. However, we are sorry that this was interpreted in the manner you have described and we will address this situation.

We also apologise for the issues you have raised with the houskeeping in your room. We will be sure to speak with housekeeping team to resolve this.

Finally we thank you for such lovely praise of Ahmed and I will be delighted to pass this onto him. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Adagio Liverpool in the future.

Yours Sincerely