“Hidden Gem”

Liverpool Gateway B&B
Ranked #15 of 73 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well what a surprise.......... Outside the city centre on top of a building that made me think oh no when we drove up to it is one of the most friendliest and cleanest B and Bs I have visited in a while. Secured electronic gated car park greeted us and before we had finished unpacking the car we was greeted and then shown to our room with a mini tour of facilities on way. We had booked reletively short notice so no ensure rooms but the shared facilities where very clean and lots of them and there was also a kitchen that was stocked with continental breakfast in the morning and fridges with bottled water amongst other things. Our room was far more spacious than I imagined it would be and well equipped including hair dryer and a folder packed full of leaflets maps etc of tourist attractions in area. Iron and board were located in the kitchen so you really could not ask for much more. We shortly headed out and the staff member ordered us a taxi then happily stayed chatting away about places to visit until taxi came. Taxi into town cost just £5 ( £8 after midnight on way home ) when we arrived home no sooner had we got out the cab and up to the door were we greeted by the night staff opening the door and asking f we were ok and had a good night. Bed was comfy pillows and spare blankets a plenty but it was a very warm nght and not needed. Now this is my only down side we had the windows open due to the heat and the road noise was loud the B and B is situated on the corner of a busy junction and traffic continues day and night. In the morning we helped ourselves to the complimentary breakfast, ham cheese yoghurts and milk were in the fridge, pastries and bread laid out along with cereals and a selection of tea and coffee. On exit again the staff member was more than accommodating and to be honest despite the road noise I would stay again and recommend to friends as all the positives far outweigh the negative.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Liverpool Gateway B&B

Reviewed June 29, 2013

If your in liverpool this is the place to stay. Great price, hospitality and location. The staff are always willing to help out, kevin provided us with helpful information and was able to organise and extra night at late notice, while the manager Tony even drove us into town when we arrived and showed us the sitesand history of Liverpool. It is an ideal location with just a short walk to buses and trains. On the train you can get into town in about 10 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Will definitely be stayingat Gateway again and recommending to anyone who wants clean, well equipped, conveniently located and cheap accommodation. It has secure car parking, friendly, helpful staff and fantastic choice of breakfast options with unlimited tea and coffee and even Sunday papers! Great value for money and only a 5 minute taxi ride to city centre.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jojones9
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here Sat 4th May for one night, upon arrival i was greeted by a very friendly guy who showed me to my room. He explained the facilities and asked if there was anything else he could get me. I was more than pleased with my room, en-suite double. I then put the tv on to find it had no signal, i went to see the guy on reception and he couldn't do enough to sort it out for me. All in all a great stay, at a great B+B. I WILL stay here again when visiting Liverpool.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jimmytat
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I came to Liverpool to visit friends on a Saturday night, so stayed at the Liverpool Gateway from Saturday to Sunday. The staff were friendly in greeting us and showing us to our room. The room was clean, tidy, and much more spacious than I imagined it would be. As we were leaving the hotel on Saturday evening to go out, we went to the reception to ask for a taxi number, although they gave us a lift into town instead which was great of them. Leaving the hotel the next morning was very relaxed. Breakfast was self-service in a kitchen area, so no restriction on times. Check out time was 11am and even though we did leave late, we weren't rushed out or charged a fee. We were going into town on Sunday morning for some sightseeing and again as we were leaving to catch the bus, the security guard offered us a lift instead... He even left us his mobile number to give us a lift back if we needed! If we are in the area again and need a B&B we would definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we first turned up to the property, my first thought was what have we let ourselves in for. There was security gates on the doors and the building sign said EMS security, with a little door at the side.

On entering I was more than a little surprised, the place was really nice, impeccably clean and the staff were incredibly friendly providing taxi numbers and waiting with us until we were picked up.
The shower in the room was clean and had shower gel and a modesty screen provided.
The kitchen was fully stocked with tea, coffee, milk, cereals, fruit, sliced bread and croissants.

We went on a bank holiday weekend and got stuck waiting for a taxi in Liverpool town centre for hours, we were freezing and shattered as we only arrived back at place around 7 in the morning, the staff put the heating up in the room for us advised we could help ourselves to tea and coffee and told the cleaner to visit our room last allowing us to sleep in for a few more hours.

I've paid double for a room and have not received the level of customer service I did here, great little place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We chose this hotel/B&B as there were no hotel rooms within our price range available in Liverpool that weekend. The room we were in was very large, the beds were a bit narrow but we both had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was nice, cereal, bread, croissants, yoghurt, etc. was provided. The B&B is not located in the city centre but there is a bus stop down the road which took is into Liverpool in less than 10 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends