“Design furniture and awesome breakfast”

and 1 more site!
Elegant House Liverpool B&B
Ranked #7 of 73 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at Elegant House for the last night of a short stay in the region. After re-checking the address on the phone with John in the afternoon, we met later and stayed the whole evening to hide from the rain. Our host was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable. The room was big and nicely furnished. The whole interior decoration reminded me of some nice north europe/scandinavian design (not sure) I had seen and liked before. That and the great breakfast in the morning together with some good discussions with John made it a good experience. I would come back there and therefore recommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our group of 5 adults had a great 2 nights at Elegant House. John was a friendly and knowledgable host. We loved the continental breakfast and chatting with John in the morning. The rooms were large and comfortable and the bathroom was new and clean. Thanks John for a memorable stay in Liverpool. All the best, the gang from Australia!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon Y
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I got lost on my way to Elegant House and ended up in Liverpool's Chinatown. It is possible to walk to this B&B from Lime Street station, but I would thoroughly recommend taking a bus - there are lots going in that direction - and it may save you having to flag down a cab like me! That said, once I had been armed with John’s excellent maps (tourist and hand-drawn), getting to the Tate by foot the next morning was no problem at all.

Elegant House has been open as a B&B since October 2012, and parts of it are still being adapted. The downstairs bedrooms and bathroom seem more finished in terms of decoration than the upstairs rooms. My upstairs bathroom was still waiting for its mirror, bathmat and soap. Yes, soap!

However, the unique selling point of Elegant House is not its quirky fixtures and fittings, but the sheer exuberance of its host and his consummate skill in preparing the best, most unusual breakfast I’ve ever tasted. Gorgeous bread with ‘postcode’ honey – yes, there’s a story that goes with that! A pear poached in red wine. Granola and muesli soaked in apple juice, yoghurt, melon, lychees, fresh cherries, relishes – and if I’d wanted them: eggs, smoked salmon, ham – the list goes on! John is a perfectly charming host, a fund of information and stories. I won’t tell you any of them, because I believe you need to stay at Elegant House to hear them for yourself.

Room Tip: Even though the downstairs rooms have to share a bathroom, at time of writing (July 2013) they are c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hittheroadjac
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A great location with short bus ride to Liverpool One. An enthusiastic host, John was very helpful in assisting us with information about Liverpool's attractions. He served a fresh breakfast that was one of the best we have had during our stay in the UK.
Large room in the early stages of decoration.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angelo D
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have spent 2 nights at Elegant House Liverpool B&B, The place is close to the city center about 20 min walking but the path to city has a lot of interesting thing to see. the place is very lovely and clean and tidy.John was a nice host and I really loved his breakfast its the best Breakfast I have ever had in B&B. The Room s are another story, they are very big and very clean and tidy and nice beds.

I recommend Every one to go there and try the Breakfast :)

Amad Tababa

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emad_Tababa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

John who owns the place obviously enjoys having guests and this is reflected in the attention to detail and effort he puts in to ensuring you enjoy your stay.

Rooms - great, huge

Shared bathroom - good, could do with a bar of soap so you don't have to bring your own

Breakfast - exceptionally good. Continental of the highest quality, e.g. Quality deli items such as smoked salmon, salami, fresh ciabatta, literally hand squeezed orange juice, nice coffee etc. I'm sure he would supply you with anything you requested as well

Location - a two minute walk to a busy street where I didn't wait longer than two minutes for a bus directly into the city centre

John supplys a hand drawn map which I used every day and was very useful.

On the whole brilliant and I could stay months here

I left my bank cards in the room and John phoned me within 30 mins of leaving, saving me a headache.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely guest house close to Liverpool's Lark Lane and Sefton Park. A little bit far from town centre, but taxis are cheap. John was a great host and provided an amazing breakfast. Rooms are very large with comfortable beds. Bathroom had amazing showers.

I did have a few problems with payment as I hadn't realised I received an invoice from Paypal, I thought it was a receipt!

Room Tip: Remember to pay the Paypal invoice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business