4,895 results
All reviews albert dock echo arena great location beatles story exposed brickwork meal deal original features grade listed building thyme restaurant tobacco warehouse dock view big wheel maritime museum family room car park first floor multi storey
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed here for two nights on a weekend break. The hotel is on Albert Dock about 5-10 minutes walk form the centre of Liverpool.. The room was clean, good bathroom and comfy bed. There are a maze of corridors which can make finding your room seem like a route march! Great views over the dock although it was very windy when we stayed and this would keep light sleepers wake. The only down side is the paper thin walls. We listened to next doors interesting and entertaining conversation about what they had done the night before whilst laying in bed on the Sunday morning!! There are some excellent bars and restaurants on the dock if you don't want to venture too far and there is something to suit everyone. Car parking is easy at the Echo Arena about 5 mins walk away. The hotel will give you a half price voucher making a 2 day stay £10. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dixyview
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Clean, spacious rooms. Good location.
Restaurant good.
No problems with anything. Fantastic hotel. Would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Like many others this is part of a football package. That's why I did not expect this to be truly outstanding although many fellow travellors did offer rave reviews about it.
Only when I have stayed here did I change my mind - yes, this is probably the best budget ones I have ever stayed at, at least in United Kingdom and I have been in UK for more than 10 times on leisure trips.
The room is large with good firm beds and a sizeable bathroom. I have just finished a 2-week trip in Scandinavia so I find the matress and water pressure particularly comforting. (Don't why but all the hotels I have stayed in Norway and Finland have soft beds!)
Yes, probably due to its old structural design, you can easily hear what's going in the corridor. But I was there during Easter when many stayed out late partying - I was only waken once when someone returned after a long evening party. Location is great if you enjoy that part of the city. Last time I stayed in the Travelodge next to Lime Street Station and that may be slightly more convenient if you prefer close to the station. That was a no-frills option quite different from this one though.
Breakfast was good, but a bit heavy for me. (But this is English breakfast!) Front desk ladies eager to help.
When I was there the lady said the public PC was not working, and the nearest pay internet service will have to the McDonald's in downtown. We got there but the girl said it's closed. In the end we could not find a single internet cafe or station where we could do our online check-in. This is the only drawback I suppose.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2009

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. This hotel is well located in Albert Dock which has a choice of bars and restaurants. It is also only five minutes walk from the city centre. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rdr
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Lovely hotel in a nice location. The staff were really nice, friendly and helpful. Residence bar serves food till 2am and alcohol till 4am @wknds,which was a bonus. The rooms were lovely except for the paper thin walls. It wasn't ideal hearing the guy in the room next to you farting. Other than that no complaints!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends