“Outstanding Premier Inn”

Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Herts, UK
“Outstanding Premier Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is by far the best Premier Inn we've stayed at - and we've stayed at a fair few!
Perfect location right on the dock, opposite the big wheel and the Echo Arena. Beatles museum is on the same square and there's a Costa next door overlooking the inner dock, plus a Pizza Express across the way. Loads of restaurants around Albert Dock, plus some gift shops selling souveniers.

Short walk into the city centre (took us 5 mins) for great shopping.
Tourist open top bus seemed to stop very close to the hotel.

Hot breakfast buffet, was all excellent and promptly replenished, and it was lovely to have breakfast overlooking the waterside of the inner dock. Vegetarian options available.

Our family room was overlooking the water, top floor, and HUGE. Such a pleasure to walk in, and we loved the features of the old building - exposed brickwork and iron doors/pillars are seen throughout the corridors of this hotel, lovely mix of old and new. No faults with the room at all, very clean. We slept very well and awoke to a beautiful view of the docks and the Liver Birds.

Parking - won't be cheap as it's so central, but we expected that. We were offered discounted parking in the multi-storey carpark by the Echo Arena, but chose to keep the car right outside the hotel as my husband was having trouble walking.

Restaurant - menu looked great, and you can order food and then carry it up to your room. This really helped us as one of the kids fell asleep before we'd made it out for dinner, so we decided not to disturb him and eat. Staff were very helpful, and food was ready quickly, and hot. But in terms of food, it wasn't up to much, served our purpose and we went to sleep with full tummies, but if we'd eaten in the restaurant we would've been disappointed. Not much of an issue given the many quality restaurants immediately outside the hotel, I'd recommend eating out if you can. If you go into Liverpool One there's a world buffet restaurant on the top floor - we ate far too much, excellent food and great value.

Service - excellent, everyone we encountered was so helpful and friendly. We are already trying to figure out how we can fit in a return trip to Liverpool and will definitely be staying here. We walked past the Premier Inn Liverpool One - yes it is literally in the middle of the shops - but it looked squashed in amongst tall buildings, and soul-less. So happy we chose Albert Dock.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank minniecat
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear minniecat,

Thank you for posting an amazing review of the hotel. Your review was very informative and will greatly assist those who may be thinking of staying with us when visiting Liverpool.

Thank you for your many kind words regarding the location, and hotel, but a particular thank you for your comments relating to the team who are a fantastic credit to the hotel and PI.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Ian Callaghan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

excellent position comfortable rooms extremely helpful and caring staff the breakfasts had plenty of choice when we return to Liverpool we cant wait to stay at this hotel again lets hope that its soon

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maureen D,

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We really appreciate your fantastic feedback, and really happy to read, that you intend to stay with us again very soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This premier Inn is in an excellent location for visiting all the attractions in liverpool. It has friendly staff and a lovely dining area. The rooms are clean and tidy with a good bathroom and excellent shower>

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michelle E,

Thank you for your five star review of the hotel. It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours, and I trust, we will be welcoming you again very soon.

Thanks again for your review.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for just the one night as we were going to the arena for a show.
Stayed at the Jury's inn before whilst on the docks but as this was the new Premier I thought I would try it out.

The parking is the same in the ACC, £10 for 24 hours but the reception give you a voucher for £2.50 off so good price for that, only 5 minutes walk to the Hotel from there.

Lovely building in a great location for everything. The reception staff are very welcoming on arrival, check in was efforttless.

The double room we got was just right, spottlessly clean, nice view of the Echo and wheel and a bit of the Mersey.

The bed was really comfortble and a good size, bathroom was super clean with a great shower.
I don't think Premier Inn can be blamed for this but at 5am someone was emptying bottles in a skip below us, very loud and then again at seven, ruined what was a great sleep, think it was the bar below our room and nothing to do with the hotel, they should have a word.. Room 114

We didn't book breakfast as the plan was to go into town and eat at Weatherspoons then do some shopping but the weather was quite bad so decided to eat here.

This is why I haven't given 5/5.. Breakfast was £8.25 each.. Pretty steep I thought but expected it to be good for that.

On entering the restaurant we were welcomed by Chris, nice lad who took our payment as showed us to the table, everyone seemed to be wanting his attention for some reason, I would have lost my cool but he was very proffesional and dealt with people very well.

The breakfast area was very busy and although there is enough tables, the area to get food was way to small.
Queued for 20 minutes as there was no food and people were waiting for certain items like bacon to arrive ( bet they wished they hadn't, more later).

Eventually we got the food, put it on our table to go and get toast, why hotels use these stupid machines to make your own is beyond me. another queue for 10 minutes, then another 10 minutes to get coffee, by this time the breakfast was stone cold.

I tried to eat as much as possible but the bacon was disgusting, tasted like off fish, the mushrooms was raw so that was it. Went to see if I could get something else but the story was the same, big queue, limted food so we left, One toast one mushroom £8.25.

Also the menu in the room said vegetarian sausage and hash browns but there was none of these at all, my wife being a vegi was dissapointed, I think her breakfast was one toast and five beans.

Stayed in plent of Premier Inn's around the country and this is by far the best, the staff are a credit to the company.

Get the food area sorted and the quality of the food and this hotel will be perfect

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve-and-Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. Your review was very informative and I shall certainly convey your feedback regarding the self serve coffee machines to Premier Inn.

The food service area can be quite cosy when there are a large amount of guests who dine at very similar times. We have a number of posters located around the hotel advising our guests of the quieter and busier times to dine. This in theory allows our guests to make an informed choice as to when to dine.

You have mentioned, that this is the best PI you have stayed in, and I do appreciate this feedback. The food service area is a part of the building we are unable to tweak or amend due to the complexities of the listed status.

I do appreciate your feedback, and if you are in a position to be staying with us again soon, then please take a look at our breakfast guide times in the hope that your next breakfast experience will be much more pleasant.

Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

If you're attending any event at Liverpool's Echo Arena I would recommend this place. It's right in the centre of the redeveloped Royal Albert Dock with all its great restaurants, bars, museums and walks. Usual Premier Inn standard of comfort and breakfast buffet which can't be grumbled about considering the price. What makes it a bit special is the original dockside building has been really well converted and retains lots of handsome brick and iron work.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jules L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Thanks for your kind comments regarding the team, hotel and indeed the location.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I ate here with my partner and daughter last week and have to say that this was officially THE worst meal I have ever consumed in my life. This came as a very disappointing surprise as I chose to eat here having stayed here before AND being an avid fan of Premier Inn and associated restaurants.

Basically we arrived there for a quick meal before our night out, and were shown into an empty restaurant as we arrived just as it opened. We have eaten here before for breakfast when we stayed here a couple of years ago and had no real faults so we opted to eat here again mainly due to the view over the docks.

We were given menus and offered a range of drinks by a pleasant gentleman waiter. We opted for cokes for all 3 of us as we were heading to a party later on and didn't want alcohol just yet. I am a vegetarian so opted for the garlic mushroom starter and Quorn burger main. My partner chose the soup starter and Steak main, whilst my daughter opted for chicken wing starter and chicken salsa burger.

Our food took a while to come out despite low customer numbers but that was not really an issue so we got on with it. Our starters were ok, hot and relatively tasty.

The mains were again a while in arriving but once they came we tucked in. This is where everything went pear-shaped for me. The burger, or slab of burnt cardboard, was disgusting. The bun it was on was presentable and everything other than the burger looked ok. I ate a bit of the poor excuse for salad garnish swimming in what tasted like vinegar, then attempted the chips...they were still quite tough in the middle so hadn't been cooked quite long enough. However I had to eat them as that was the only edible thing on my plate.

I cut the cremated edges off my 'burger' and poured all of the salsa onto the bun to try to add some flavour to what can only be described as cardboard. It did not help. It was revolting so after trying to eat a few bites I gave up as I was at the point of heaving.

The unfortunate thing is, this meal came to £45 for this tripe, despite it being an 'offer' and to be honest I have never felt more nauseous after eating anything as I did after this meal.

My companions had odd niggles, mainly regarding the time frame but in all honesty only my meal was this bad. I was so upset it beggars belief because I spent the next 2 days of my holiday with terrible nausea and unrelenting heartburn, despite not actually eating it all. Not good at all.

My advice would be avoid this place unless you want a million 'optional extras' being forced upon you every time you ask a question, and I would also suggest NEVER EVER order anything in this restaurant other than drinks as the pain of indigestion really is not worth it. Vile!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Checked into the premier inn on Friday 1st November. Met by friendly, helpful and welcoming staff. Given key to room with clear and concise directions on how to find room. Stayed in room 440, and was met by biggest bed I've ever seen. Room itself was in pristine condition with ensuite bathroom with bath and shower. The provision of extra pillows was an excellent touch. Television in room was added bonus. Best nights sleep ever. Saturday morning breakfast is a buffet style, all you can eat for just £8.25 and when I say they have everything, they litterally do have everything. Tastiest bacon and sausages I've ever had. Croissants are delicious also, a must try. Ate in restaurant on Saturday night, try the mixed grill, waiting staff are amazing. Nicola served us and her customer service skills are wonderful. Best hotel experience I've had. Well done to all staff and to the hotel itself. Outstanding.

Room Tip: Don't know if it had swimming pool or fitness centre