Aloft Liverpool(Liverpool)
  • Pool
$236
  • Pool
  • Room Service
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$161
$341
$323
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Heywood House Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$142
$112
Agoda.com
$202
$161
Agoda.com
4,820 results
All reviewsalbert dockecho arenagreat locationbeatles storyexposed brickworkmeal dealgrade listed buildingoriginal featuresthyme restauranttobacco warehousedock viewbig wheelmaritime museumfamily roomcar parkfirst floormulti storey
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is my first experience with a Premier Inn, which I take to be a mid-level chain for value-conscious travelers -- much like La Quinta Inns or Holiday Inns in North America. This place was very well located for what we wanted to visit in Liverpool, which concentrated on the Albert Dock. The Maritime Museum there is well worth a visit, as well as the Tate Liverpool.

Liverpool One is close by if you wish to shop, and the heart of downtown, including Mathew Street and the Cavern Quarter is not far beyond that -- and The Beatles Experience is right next door, should you need even more of a John Paul George & Ringo fix. There is a cab rank and bus stop close by, so getting about is easy if you're without a car.

This property is retrofitted into a 19th Century stone warehouse, and it is a very sensitive feat of construction and interior design. Our room featured the a section of the vaulted brick ceiling of the original building and windows that opened (and in our case a view of the street in front of the hotel) -- very nice touches.

The room was a bit tight for two of us but completely adequate, and the bathroom was very clean and well-maintained. The hotel WiFi service worked well.

We ate breakfast in the hotel once morning and were not impressed -- the hotel was full during our stay and the restaurant had to struggle to keep up. Food quality was adequate, but there are a number of other cafes and restaurants very close by, so you're better advised to try those.

The front desk staff were all quite helpful, although at times they were swamped and one had to wait a while before someone could talk with you.

My only complaint was something that wasn't completely management's fault -- we arrived in the morning after traveling 18 hours, but no rooms were yet available. They did store our luggage but we had to occupy ourselves for a number of hours while tired and grimy before we could check in. I had emailed ahead asking if early check-in were an option, but I was advised that since they were full it wasn't. As I said earlier I don't blame management for this -- we were there before the check-in time -- but that's one of the compromises one must face with value lodgings.

So I would recommend this Premier Inn for a holiday stay in Liverpool -- especially if you arrive in town after their check-in time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Casey1994
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Congratlations to all the staff at this excellent hotel. Our two night stay in this marvellous development was made perfect by their high professional standards, cleanliness of the hotel and spacious rooms and attention to their guests.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank Flyingdolphins
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the premier inn albert dock in liverpool for a 3 night stay. The hotel was ideally located to allow us to visit many local attractions without needing to use the car. There is parking outside the hotel which is £15 a day but there is parking available at the acc car park near the echo arena, a 5 minute walk away, which the hotel gives a 25% discount off. This is £7.50 a day.

We have stayed at a number of premier inn hotels in different places & always find them to provide clean comfortable rooms with good ensuite facilities & on site restaurant. I don't think you find any better if this is what you need at more expensive hotels in my opinion.

The staff throughout the hotel were friendly & helpful. Claire on reception helped us to work out the best way to visit a number of places from the hotel. The service she provided was no less than we have had from concierge at some 5* hotels. Tom & Andrew in the bar & restaurant gave us excellent service each time we were there.

We certainly hope to stay here again in the future. There is so to see in liverpool & many places have no admission charge either. :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Gatekeeperdi
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Excellent service, staff very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and very spacious and comfortable. Great central location and peaceful. Lovely to wake up to the view of the water.
Super breakfast and very reasonable, all you can eat
No private parking but plenty of close by parking @ £14 per night
My husband says I was spoilt for my first visit to a Premier Inn as he has stayed in a few and he was surprised with the standard.
Will book Premier again....hope it's this good

Room Tip: Rooms on Dock side seem bigger and have great vies of the water
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed in Premier Inns on many occasions and they are usually of a good standard. The stay in this one was disappointing. Our room was an inside room and much as the wall on the other side of window was sporting an amusing mural, this led to a distinct lack of light and feeling of well being. Luckily we were only staying one night - any longer I think could make you feel quite miserable!

Breakfast was not up to the usual standard at all - pink and flacid bacon, undercooked hash browns and empty containers.

The staff as usual were helpful and friendly but if we stayed here again I would request a different room and have breakfast in the dock!!

Room Tip: Ask for a dock facing room - definately do not have an inside one.