Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$103
$218
$159
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$98
$91
Agoda.com
$133
$100
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$146
$134
$102
Agoda.com
2,327 results
All reviewsa business class roomwhite barpassport officebusiness districttrouser presssteam roomcity centreriver viewspa facilitieslovely hotelhuge bedreception staffstayed here for one nightalbert dockhotel bartea and coffeegood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was an advance pre-booking for an overnight in Liverpool city centre for the first home game of the year at Anfield. The Radisson has an excellent reputation and there were some nice touches that lift it above an average marking. As this was a week-end when LFC were playing at home, inevitably, the cost for a double room in Liverpool seems to be higher than usual. However, we booked early and the cost was £150 for a twin room which included breakfast and an evening meal! The front of the hotel is on a side street and it took a bit of navigating to get the car to the front entrance. There were a number of “No left turns” on the one-way system, but we got there eventually. We had arranged valet parking with the hotel in advance and that worked very well as parking on the street is not really an option. Reception were friendly and courteous and got us to our room without any delay, they also provided a username and password for the Wi-Fi signal which was free in both the lobby and the room. Imagine that, free, in the room! Some hotels levy a charge! The hotel feels fresh and clean. The room was immaculate, and the double bed was converted to two singles within an hour of informing reception of the error. The bed was comfortable enough, although that’s no criticism of the hotel, I generally don’t sleep well in a hotel anyway. There was no noise in the hotel at night and I was not disturbed by noise from other guests, even though Liverpool seems to be the “Hen party” capitol of the North West! The temperature in the room overnight was not uncomfortable. There was no bath in our room (no big loss) but rather a disabled access shower, larger than normal with plenty of room & plenty of towels. We enjoyed an excellent meal in the hotel restaurant and an even better breakfast next morning. Probably one of the best for breakfast at any hotel in Liverpool. Full marks to the Radisson on that score. We experienced one minor difficulty during our stay at the Radisson with no hot water at the shower and basin. We had to cold shower on the Sunday morning. In fairness the manager came immediately and verified the problem and offered to have it fixed, or offer another room or a discount. It’s disappointing that such a reputable hotel chain group didn’t check the system when preparing the room, but to their credit they made every effort to rectify the failure. I have not uploaded photos of the room or the hotel, but those on the Trip advisor site are accurate. I have no real complaints about the Radisson and would not hesitate to stay again. Hopefully you found this review helpful, if so please remember to click the 'yes' button” and I am happy to answer questions via the Trip Advisor website.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank smakibbfb
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Legrandfromage,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and am glad to hear you had a good stay. I am sorry there was a mix-up with the room type but am glad to hear we fixed this right away.

We do indeed offer free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, we feel that this should be a standard in all hotels, so am glad to hear you appreciated this.

We receive a lot of positive feedback about our Super Buffet Breakfast which has over 90 items with eggs to order and even kippers and smoked haddock.

I will check with maintenance to ensure that the shower has been corrected and am sorry that this put a negative spin on your stay with us.

Thank you for recommending the hotel to others, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Liverpool in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed here for a number of weeks due to business. Staff really friendly and helpful! Reception staff great really looked after you! Gym staff helpful and friendly. Dinning staff excellent Kavita, Carol, Rose, Ashleigh, Halina & Gordon and the rest of the staff! Really great staff & hotel facilities! Would recommend this hotel to anyone! Staff can't do enough for you!

Room Tip: Nothing better than waking up to a view of the Mersey! Beds really comfy!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Madscouse,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and the lovely comments you have left, I will ensure they are forwarded onto the staff you have mentioned and their managers. We always try to create and provide a Yes I Can! Sprit in the hotel and am glad you experienced this.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The centre location is convenient, and not as hard to drive to as imagined. There is no car parking at the hotel, but plenty available with a short walk, or there is valet parking.
The staff were polite and efficient, the room was clean and comfortable, and quieter than I expected. I slept very well, and the breakfast buffet was all fresh, with plenty of choice, and really good value too.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear TysonRolo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and the lovely comments you have left, I will ensure they are forwarded onto the staff.

We are ideally located near the City Centre on Old Hall Street and offer valet service which must be pre-booked as there are limited spaces.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Super Buffet Breakfast which has over 90 items to choose from! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Liverpool in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Check-in and Check out was good,prompt and polite.The room was clean and comfortable. I'm afraid that is all that was good about this hotel. Service in the bar.... we weren't asked what we would like to drink, instead the barmaid just said YEAH?...For a hotel like the Radisson we expected a much better service. Breakfast,....... we were asked for our room number then told to sit anywhere, even at the Premier Inn they show you to your table! They then said help yourself to the buffet. Most of it was cold, the scrambled eggs to me were not fresh, they tasted like dried eggs. They had also ran out of a few items so breakfast all in all was not good. We've had better service at B&B's. So no I don't think we would stay there again. It was our wedding anniversary so staying at the Radisson Blu was not such a good idea.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Applecheeks8,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that your check in/ out experience was good and you liked the room, I am sorry that the rest of the hotel didn’t live up to your expectations.

I have forwarded your comment onto out head chef and food/drink manager so that they can improve based on your feedback. I have asked the head chef to investigate the missing items from breakfast and I am sorry this occurred during your stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Booked a tour to Liverpool with gb tours.The tour included one night stay at this hotel. the room was good very clean but could have done with a widow that we could open.Have not been on trip adviser before but felt i needed to advise other people useing this hotel that the food served was very poor could not eat any of the main course meals they were so bad.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
LBAZH, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Margaret A,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, it is important to us that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us whether as an individual or with a group. I am glad to hear that the room was satisfactory for you, I am afraid that none of the windows do open due to the architecture of the building but we do have air conditioning in all of our rooms to regulate the temperature.

I must apologise for your experience at dinner, this is not something that we have heard from the groups that stay with us on a regular basis before. I will pass on all of your comments to the kitchen team to assess how we can improve upon this.

Ruth Sherlock