“Overall a Great stay at the Radisson”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

9 of us stayed over the weekend for a hen party. We stayed in a business class room on the 9th floor which was fab! So clean and modern! Lovely breakfast on the sunday morning and found all staff to be very friendly!
However, rooms are FAR too hot! Spoke to reception to make sure we were using the air con properly-which we were but the air con doesnt cool the room down at all!! This really needs addressing as it was hot to the point of making me feel quite faint!
Also during the afternoon we went for cocktails to the white bar and waited up to an hour for drinks with the barmaid rushing round serving food as well as working behind the bar!! We had planned to stay at the white bar and have lunch and drinks all afternoon but in the end we abandoned the idea of waiting another hour and headed into city centre instead!
Overall though, we enjoyed our stay and would reccomend to others!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank helsrobs1984
LBAZH, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear helsrobs1984,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, it is always lovely to receive feedback from our guests particularly when they have enjoyed their stay with us. Our business class rooms are spaciously designed with extra features such as Nespresso coffee machine and robes just to make your stay extra special, especially when celebrating an occasion such as you were! I must apologise for the room temperature and that the air conditioning did not seem up to scratch, I will ensure this is checked with our on-site maintenance team so that other guests do not experience the same issue. I will also enquire as to the White Bar, which can get busy during the weekends and evenings however we do not want any guests to be kept waiting for an hour for their drinks to be served. I hope this did not slow down your celebrations for the evening! I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others this is one of the most meaningful comments our guests can make. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Customer Relations

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is in the new business district of Liverpool. If you look at the hotel on a map it seems like a far walk from the city but actually its not. This is one of the better Radissons I have stayed in,
and it doesnt disappoint. Its easy to walk into the city and theres a mini mart just down the road.
Easy to walk to the Liver building .......the lobby has an interesting sculpture in tribute to the former industries of the old docks there. I was given a business class room with views over the Mersey river. Loved the Nespresso machine! Breakfast in the morning had a good variety of food, but if you like eggs I recommend you order them fresh as the scrambled eggs werent very tasty.

Room Tip: Overlooing the Mersey river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ddodgydaveraves
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear ddodgydaveraves,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely 5 star review of our hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the chance to experience one of our Business Class rooms and the Nespresso machine that comes with it! There is a great river view over the Mersey in all of these rooms and they include breakfast which has a huge choice of items ranging from hot and cold options. We are ideally located just a 10 minute walk from the main city centre and attractions such as Liverpool One and Liver Buildings. There are handy amenities such as local supermarkets and cash points located on the same road and all our staff are more than happy to direct our guests to these and offer maps to aid them. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Christopher Wormald
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a good sized room. The breakfast was big, English breakfasts are always big thankfully. The bar had good staff, good food and good drink, very relaxing. There is a vertigo issue issue in this hotel when you come out of your bedroom but a little piece of advice, don't look over the edge! I needed help getting an airline ticket printed out as I didn't have my own printer and the staff at reception had it ready for me when I checked out. I couldn't ask for much more.

Room Tip: If you suffer from vertigo stay close to the ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear EM_nosotros,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate any comments from our guests as we want every one of them to enjoy their stay with us. All of our rooms are spacious and the hotel is in an ideal location for business or pleasure in Liverpool city centre. I am sorry to hear the Restaurant and New Year’s Eve celebrations in the hotel fell below your expectations as we want any of our special events such as this to be one of the highlights of our calendar. We would aim for all our guests to enjoy dining and dancing before maybe venturing into town for some later entertainment so I will ensure that your comments are followed up. I do hope this does not discourage you from staying with us again in the future.

Customer Relations

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I had a 2 night stay here for a business trip. Stayed on the 8th floor with an excellent view and the extra features of a Business class room (espresso machine especially is a good touch)

Rooms are of a good standard but some of the communal features are a bit tired especially the furniture in the white bar and the whole of the Ark pool and Spa

The restaurant (Filini) was decent although they did have possibly the worst bacon I've ever had on my 2nd morning.

As a hotel in general it is decent but a little below the normal standard expected from a Radisson

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
LBAZH, Customer Care Specialist at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear sddwhy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am glad you had the chance to enjoy one of our business class rooms which includes the river view over the River Mersey and great extras such as the nespresso coffee machine and bathrobe in the room. I apologise that the White Bar and Ark Health and Fitness Centre did not live up to your expectations, there are some aspects of furniture that are in the process of being repaired or replaced in the hotel and the Ark itself has had a lot of work done recently and continuously to improve the facilities for all our guests and members. As for breakfast I will ensure our Head Chef is made aware of your comments so they can investigate further. I do hope you can stay with us again in the future, and we can show you how great Radisson Blu Liverpool can be.

Customer Care Specialist

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a fab stay here at my Godsons wedding. Everyone was welcoming and throughout the hotel, especially our room was spotlessly clean. Everything we needed was in the bathroom and an ice machine on the floor. We loved it and will definitely be going back when we get the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Paul A
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Paul A,

Thank you so much for your lovely 5 star review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool, we do our best to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay especially for special occasions such as weddings. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards
Christopher Wormald
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed here two nights for the wedding of some good friends. A large group of us stayed over and everyone was very complimentary about the hotel. The rooms were lovely, we had an excellent view over The Mersey. Decor of the hotel is modern, interesting and very effective. Breakfast was buffet style with all you could possibly eat. The hotel is situated within walking distance of the city centre, Albert Dock and Pier Head. Staff were friendly and attentive. The wedding reception was great and I know our friends said that the staff could not have been more helpful when organising their wedding. There is a spa and pool here, but we were too busy having fun with our group of friends to use it!
All very good indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over The Mersey, there are eight floors, so the higher the better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Lukey78,

Thank you for your review, we are located close to the city centre although some of the later bars are slightly further away, but only a few minutes in a taxi. The Wi-Fi is all free to use for our guests as is the spa and gym facilities in The Ark Health and Fitness Centre which I’m glad you had the chance to enjoy. I apologise that the air conditioning was not working properly in your room; we work hard with our maintenance team to ensure that all a/c units are working to maximum efficiency and will ensure that the room is checked, I hope this does not stop you returning to stay with us in the future.

Customer Care Specialist

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for two nights with two mates for a stag weekend in Liverpool. The hotel itself is nicely presented though it is a little further out of the city centre but in a city like Liverpool where late bars can be very noisy, this wasn't a problem. It also has a decent gym and a nice spa facilities along with complimentary wifi. I have deducted a star due to the fact our air-con was broken and it wasn't possible to open the windows which made the rooms very stuffy.

Room Tip: Floor 5 gives you direct access to the lift for the spa
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DamienO710
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Darnian O,

Thank you for your 4 star review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you appreciated our quiet location and great facilities. I do apologise however for the broken air con, we are in the process of refurbishing our air handling system and hope if you stay with us again in the future you will have a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards