“Lovely Liverpool”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel was very central for our trip to Liverpool. Most places, including the city centre were a short walk away as were restaurants, pubs, shops.
On arrival at reception, we were greeted by Lucy, who was utterly charming, a very helpful, sunny lady and when asked if our room had views across the Mersey, changed our original booked room so that we did. Most of the staff were pleasant, although I have to say when trying to find our way to the spa later on, we asked a gentleman on reception and he was quite offish towards us ,almost making us feel as if we were not paying guests. We soon realised the hotel must have had problems in the past regarding non guests using the gym and spa but all the same we both felt quite affronted by the mans attitude, so much so that I felt the need to write it here on my review.

This hotel was spotless . The room was warm, the bed was huge and extremely comfortable. The shower was powerful. I loved the fact wine glasses were left in the room. I get very frustrated when hotels are 'precious' about guests taking in your own wine etc . Most guests do this and by leaving wine glasses, it showed us that this hotel cares about its guests and not only its profit.

The spa was, clean, quiet and very pleasant, however the Jacuzzi (which I love) although very powerful, was way too cold. Also take a padlock with you for lockers as the only seemed to have about 3!
The only real disappointment for us were the breakfasts. They simply were not up to the standard for a 4 star hotel, The bacon was rock hard, the scrambled egg cold, both mornings there was no tomatoes. We ordered poached egg and they arrived more like boiled eggs. Disappointing for us, as otherwise we really enjoyed our stay here.

. We went on the 'Magical Mystery tour' Neil, was our guide and made the experience funny, interesting and the 2 hours just flew by . We drank in the Cavern Club after dinner one night and danced to a Beatles tribute band. Ladies, the shopping area is wonderful it has the most amazing Primark, 4 floors !!
I would and have recommended the Radisson Blu, but please sort out the breakfasts, warm up the Jacuzzi and maybe leave a print out in the rooms of how to get to the spa and return using the room card. I believe then the Radisson Blu it would be worthy of a 5 star

We LOVED Liverpool, it was clean, with great architect and I honestly think I left a little piece of my heart there.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
LBAZH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Kaykissyco

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your comments about your stay with us, I'm glad to hear that you found your stay enjoyable and that all was to your liking and I will pass on your kind words to all the staff here at the hotel,

I will work back from your check out date and address the breakfast offering with my Head Chef and the reception cover with my Front Office Manager.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,203)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Nice room, nice bathroom with heated mirror. Sort of good tele and free wifi. Overall was nice stay and place is very quiet, Bed was ok but had a back pain after the second day staying. It wasn't broken or anything but the minute I laid down, my first reaction was something was not right. Still I gave it a go and had a good night sleep but wasn't that good after the second night. Breakfast was nice but pricey.I will stay there again but if I have the same feeling about the bed, will ask for another room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
LBAZH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear NicolasFlinta

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review of the hotel, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the facilities, regarding your note about the bed, I will look into your booking and check the room you stayed in, as you can see from other reviews we have a lot of good comments regarding the comfort of our mattresses so I will most certainly look into this.
Please contact me on the following email address if you wish to discuss further paul.egan@radissonblu.com

Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Good
- I paid for an upgrade to a Business Class room and it was worth it. Nice view of the river with very modern and nice bath. Only downside was that the bed was very soft. Will be a problem for those with back ailments. The gym (complimentary for business class guests) was pretty good for a hotel.

The Average.
- The breakfast was just so so. As was the pool facilities.

The Somewhat Bad.
- The service was certainly not up to par. I'm a Club Carlson member and have stayed frequently at Radisson hotels and this ranked on the lower end of the scale. You get a feeling that everything was kinda disorganised. From the front desk to the breakfast crew. The hotel is also not well located. It's about 1.2km from shopping district, about 1.5km to Lime Street Station, about 2.2km from Albert Dock. All very far to walk, especially in very windy and wet condition!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
LBAZH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear LittleGulliver

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, I’m really sorry that you didn’t find the service standards to be that of the service standards we set ourselves and I can assure you will address each points individually in a bid to rectify

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We booked into the hotel to celebrate our Ruby wedding. Our son and his wife and our daughter were also staying in the same hotel. Food was excellent, especially breakfast. Rooms were good and we were in Business Class on 7th floor with a good view over the Mersey. Hotel was very well situated for Albert Dock, Mersey Ferry and Liverpool One. Had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant on the first night which was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Charlotte B

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your 5 Star review of the hotel, your comments regarding the hotel and the staff are most pleasing to hear and I will ensure all my team are aware of your feedback, I’m really pleased you enjoyed breakfast and our fantastic views

Thank you again; I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Liverpool soon

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I booked and pre paid to stay in this hotel a number of weeks prior to my check in, I even called the night before to confirm my booking.
Having traveled over 5 hours, by car, plane, bus and taxi and standing soaked, exhausted and in need of a warm shower and comfy bed, I was informed by a giggling man on the front desk that they had double booked and I had no room.
I cannot understand how with such intense booking systems that firstly this can happen, and secondly how the hotel can make no effort to get in touch with their guest to tell them of the mistake, especially when 24 hours previous the booking was OK!
Yes they had made another booking in a near by hotel, but in no way tried to compensate for such am inconvience, my plans had centered around saying in their hotel!
Top top it off the man that 1st dealt with me was ungracious, and bordered on rude, that he had done me a big deal to go out of their way to book another hotel for me.
Another gentleman did see that I was visably upset and apologised on behalf of the hotel...fair enough!
A taxi was organised to take me to my new hotel, again, this was fine, but another 45 mind later I was only getting into a much needed room.
My 1st preferance was for the radisson, I feel this was completely disregarded.
I stayed the night in the Crown Plaza, and upon hearing what had happened was sent complementary drinks by room service, something I highly doubt would have happened at the radisson.
I feel that the radisson had no regard at all for what had happened, other guests obviously booked and paid a higher price after my confirmation call and it was too easy to bump someone else from their list.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia B

Dear Patricia B

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, I’m really sorry that your experience was not what you or we would expect, I will look into every point you have raised and I will contact you back directly to discuss

I look forward to speaking to you soon

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I needed to visit Liverpool at very short notice, so when I researched online for a hotel suitable for my requirements (late check out, free internet use) I was pleased to find the Radisson Blu. I was not at all disappointed with my stay and I will definitely book here again when I next travel to Liverpool, without a doubt.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Suzanne H

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your 5 Star review of the hotel, your comments regarding the hotel are most pleasing to hear and I will ensure all my team are aware of your feedback,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here some years ago and it was very nice. We stayed here again on 25/01/14 in room 718. It was not great. I think the first thing we noticed was the smell of old tobacco, obviously a sign of someone recently smoking in the room. The ripped curtain nets were also a bit offputting, combined with what my wife indentified as makeup smeared on the curtains. The broken light switches were a cause for concern and the bathroom although clean had a permanenty whistling cistern, due to a faulty valve probably and the shower head had a serious leak.

You may ask why we did not complain to the staff. We thought about it but decided not to, as they were probably the best thing about the hotel so why put them in a position of negativity.

The people who own this establishment need to be the ones who look at themselves and perhaps invest some of the money they charge for a room back into the property, as anyone who stays here can agree, it is not the cheapest in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family