WINNER WONDERLAND

“Nice hotel, but would not return.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
“Nice hotel, but would not return.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here friday 11th and saturday 12th january. Our room was clean and modern, and the bathroom was a decent size. the shower was not great, and seemed to trickle out rather than being a good power shower. Also as another review has said the room was very noisy through the night as the air conditioner does not turn off, the room is also a little stuffy as the windows can never be opened! But apart from these few niggles overall the hotel was nice, very clean and modern, the breakast was of a good standard, and the staff very attentive. The only problem with this is, my husband booked this for me for my birthday weekend and booked this hotel only on the fact that it stated that it had a spa like leisure centre. So on saturday morning after breakfast we went down for a quick look before getting our swim costumes. OH MY GOD what a disgrace the swimming pool was in, i have seen better council lesuire clubs. I wish i had my camera to take photos! The paint was peeling off the ceiling and hanging off, falling to the floor, the floor looked like it had never been cleaned, there was also a metal spiral staircase, which was competely rusted and moving from the wall and the steps had a cover over them which was peeling away, i was shocked to say the least. The lesiure club should be closed down and have a total refit, im sure if the health and safety were to turn up they would not let this place carry on trading. Very disapointing.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Merseyside, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed Saturday night and were upgraded to a Business Class room on the 9th floor. Good spacious room with a Nespresso machine which was nice as I love my espresso but not in a mug !!!! The main problem was the noise from the air purifying machine which despite pressing all the buttons in every combination did not stop it and kept us awake through the night.We rang reception but they couldn't do anything about it as it has to stay on at all time because the window can't be opened.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Radisson Blu, Liverpool, is a comfortable, clean stylish hotel. It has a most attractive restaurant, with very good food. The bed was 6' and very comfortable. We used the valet parking, which cost £20 for approx. 27 hours. This was efficient and gave peace of mind.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel. It was not noisy, There was a side view of the Mersey.
2 Thank EnglandKathy21
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just thought I would share my experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Liverpool, Massage Spa.

I was given a Full Body massage voucher for Christmas although to be honest without sounding disrespectful, not something I wanted!

I was going to give it to another family member to use however a friend of mine had also recently had an hours massage at the Radisson and advised me to at least try it!

I called to book an appointment and was given various dates/times to pick from which was great as my free time is somewhat limited.

Upon arriving, I was greeted and welcomed at reception which was very reassuring since I've never had a massage before and being a guy... well, lets just say beauty and therapy is not something we have experience with!

I was booked in with a lovely young lady called Shannon who was very polite and professional. She immediately made me feel at ease as I was quite nervous! She was very friendly which again made the whole experience a more pleasurable one!!!

The massage was absolutely amazing! It lasted the full hour and, well, you will know what I mean when you get one! If you are stressed or need cheering up, you can't beat a good old massage!

I work on a computer so my back can feel very sore as well as play football which can cause aches and pains in my legs.

I was quite impressed with her knowledge of causes and prevention of this as well as various tips on things like knots which lead to stress if not dealt with.

So yeh, 11/10 for my massage experience here

Have not stayed at the hotel yet although I plan to in the future. Hopefully it will match my experience at the Spa :-D

Jay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night and found it to be of a good standard. The swimming pool was a touch on the chilly side, steam room and sauna were good- would be an idea for the hotel to perhaps provide slippers or robes though for guests to use in the spa area. My room was a great size and bathroom was good. Its in a central location close to everything within Liverpool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellerHB1979
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for taking the time and write a review regarding your stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the location of the hotel and its facilities as good.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

There's nothing wrong with this hotel. It's comfortable, clean and the staff are very helpful. But, it's no more than an average chain hotel. The bar area was soulless and had a sixties feel to it not surprisingly there was never more than a couple of people in the bar area. The breakfast was ok but again pretty average buffet fare. The £20 a night for car parking was a bit steep but I guess that's better than parking in a multi storey car park overnight.

I can't fault the hotel but its really nothing special

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 57Billy
Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us.

I was disappointed to read that we have not been able to meet all your expectations.

I am happy with the overall 5 star scores for sleep quality, cleanliness and rooms. Hopefully once we have refurbished our Bar area on a later stage this year we are able to improve your experience.

leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is cool the staff are very friendly
The white bar in the lobby is good and comfy with big screen
Rooms are modern and a good standard ours had a massive bed good sized bathroom views of Mersey v nice
Parking is competitive and valet
Hotel has a cool triangle layout and was very clean
The spa was nice and relaxing and included in price
Booked thru late rooms and paid £100 a night It was a fair price
Lots of choice of hotels around that area but think the cleanliness and welcoming staff made this a good bet

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for taking the time and write a great review.

It is great to read that from the selection of hotels available you decided to stay with us. Your comments about the facilities of the hotel, the cleanliness and the welcoming staff are a fantastic confirmation of a job well done by everybody.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon during your next visit to Liverpool.