“Decent business stay despite lack of parking”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Decent business stay despite lack of parking”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Shame the parking is not more accessible, charges for valet parking are high. Finally got decent quiet room, after asking to moved from one by the lift. Facilities all to usual high standard expected of this chain. Good breakfast apart from the coffee-why do so many hotels struggle to make decent coffee,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

It was very nice for me to see that you found all our hotel facilities to high standard and I was also very happy to read that your room request was dealt with a prompt and courteous respond from our front desk team.

It is with my regret to read about your disappointment with our car parking service. Due to the limited number of car parking spaces and a valid car parking service as much as we would like to offer free car parking we are not able to do so.

Thank you once more for your comments and I hope that the car parking issue will not deter you from using our hotel facilities in the nearest future.

Hans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Stratford Upon Avon
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have visited this hotel a few times for work recently and have been very pleased with it. Rooms are bright and airy and if you can get a river view room then the views are great. Business class rooms are really good and worth the £20 supplement which the hotel charge. I often find that hotels pillows can be really hard but the pillows in this hotel are really good ones and are nice and soft and i had a really good nights sleep. Breakfast is great too and there is a great choice of stuff and it is all nice and fresh. If you just want something light to eat then there is a Tesco Express a few minutes walk down the street. All the staff here are really helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, June 2, 2017
Dear Guest , Thank you for your feedback at Radisson Blu Liverpool .I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to welcoming you back in the near future .

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. This was our first time to Liverpool and we will most defiantly be back. This is a lovely hotel, great location and the staff could not be any more helpful. I requested a river view room when I booked which is what we got. The views were stunning. When we were checking out the staff member Kirsty went that bit further to make sure we had a nice stay, offered to keep our luggage until our train later that day (Free service) she also offered to call us a taxi and if she could do anything else to help.
However, The only bad thing I would say is that the pool area was like walking into a different hotel. It was dirty (particularly the shower area) the hot tub water was cold and paint peeling off the ceiling. Not what I would expect from a 4* hotel.

I will stay again, good location, nice staff and beautiful big bedrooms.

Room Tip: I asked for a sea view room, lovely views. (room 508)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Oxford
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Visited Liverpool for work this week - one of my favourite cities. This was my first stay in this hotel, and I'll definitely try and stay there again in future. Beautiful design inside - huge atrium with the rooms arranged on balconies. The room and the bed were enormous, and all the facilities worked. Breakfast was fine but nothing special.

Room Tip: I was on the ninth floor and heard no street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences of your recent stay at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

From your profile I can see that you have been travelling quite a lot and visited a few different places. Liverpool is a fantastic and vibrant city and I am very happy to see that it is also one of your favourite cities. I very much appreciate your comments regarding the hotel design in particular about our unique feature of the beautiful lobby atrium.

We have recently upgraded all our beds, duvets and pillows I am very glad to see that you could experience the comfort and space they provide.

Once more thank you for your time and I look forward welcoming you back again very soon.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here with the family for 2 nights, I booked in over the phone stating I had a baby and a dog with me. They put a travel cot in the room which was clean and hardly used, but they did put us on the 8th floor which was a pain taking the dog out. All the staff were friendly and helpful, food is of a good standard with a good selection for breakfast. It is located only a few minutes from the Center and the same from the river Mersey. This can be a problem if you arrive by car, the cheapest car park is a NSP a minute walk from the hotel which charges £15.50 per 24 hours. This is one of the factor to cost in if staying here.
Overall a good hotel as expected with helpful staff, but they should sort an arrangement out with a local car park to help customers with the cost.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I hate having to report this as i work in the industry myself but the staff here really let it down. Reception staff helped us with our enquiries as to the best night life spots and they were nice enough but the bar staff were dismissive and uninterested, we also ordered room service and found the staff delivering it pretty miserable to be honest! Oh and the breakfast was average... sausages were a bit gross and the scrambled egg looked like nuclear waste.

Hotel is nice. Decent location. Would probably stay again if i could get a good enough deal.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophielinley
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your time to comment on your recent stay with us.

While I was very happy to read about your positive comments regarding the reception staff I must admit that I was disappointed to see that you did not find the same level of the customer service across the whole hotel. I have already raised your concerns with the F&B Manager in order to ensure that this will not repeat in the future.

I have received quite a lot of positive comments regarding our breakfast and please accept my apology that we did not meet your expectations. I will share your comments with the Head chef.

On the other hand I was very happy to read that you found our hotel nice and in a suitable location.

Once more thank you for your comments.

Navan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. Everything is in very good condition, very good staff and a very short walk to the city centre.
The rooms are excellent and the only complaint I have was that the air-conditioning was not very effective and left the bedroom very warm and as the window didn't open it was uncomfortable.
If staying in Liverpool try here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hi Joscarroll,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

From your profile I can see that you have been travelling quite a lot and I truly appreciate your feedback. It was very nice for me to read that as an experienced traveller you found our hotel and rooms excellent. I was also very happy to read your positive comments about our staff, which I will definitely be sharing with my team.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused with the A/C unit. I have raised your concerns with our maintenance manager and we are currently working on a small project to get these issues resolved

Thank you again for the review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Liverpool.