hope street hotel
$133
$100
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$146
$137
Official Site
Great 4.5/5
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$103
$134
$102
Agoda.com
2,186 results
All reviewslondon carriage worksphilharmonic hallren productsstudio roomgeorgian quarterboutique hotelanglican cathedrallovely hotelthe penthouselarge bathcomfortable bedreception staffwet roomwalk in showercity centrecar parkcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone me and my wife had a lovely weekend break which was made more enjoyable by the staff who cannot do enough for you

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My wife surprised me for my birthday with 2 nights here in late April.

You can't fault the location as the centre is just a few minutes walk and the noise from the surrounding roads really isn't an issue. The car park is also good being just across the road, but I don't agree you should pay extra given the cost the of the rooms.

The room itself was good, with obvious quality in the finishing, and the bed was extremely comfortable and luxurious.

We never did eat there for breakfast or for dinner (as there is an excellent restaurant just round the corner called Bistro Jacques which was fantastic for dinner) so can't comment on the restaurant.

The negatives were that the staff weren't particularly friendly and the walls and doors seems to be made of paper as per a previous review (you could hear literally everything going on at all times - we heard less from the road than we did from next door...!).

I would recommend this hotel to others, but I think they should review their prices as I've paid less to be wowed a lot more. I've given it a 3, because there is no 3.5 and I don't think it deserves a 4.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I chose Hope Street Hotel, after looking at google maps and realising it's close location to the centre of town. After a 4 hour car journey I was happy to be met by a gleaming smile from the reception staff. It's not that often you get that nowadays!

The receptionist came across and opened the car park for me (Only across the road)
Quickly checked me in and actually seemed interested in how my journey had being. She showed me up to my room and explained that they'd just being through a major refurb (Nearly doubling in size!)

On entering the room I was amazed by size of the room (standard) and the wooden floors, quality of finish and price that I'd paid! I regularly travel and spend quite a bit of time in hotels. After jumping on the bed! (you've got too really) I noticed how much bigger they are than normal beds (I'm 6'6") and my feet only just touched the end!

I then went into the bathroom and loved the shower, really hot and really powerful what more could you ask for?

I never went for food but got chatting to a couple in the book room who had just finished dinner and they said it was incredible.

I'd highly recommend the hotel to anyone and only wish they had one closer to London!
Without question the best hotel you can stay in Liverpool!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed here for the first time 3 years ago for 2 nights after our wedding and they upgraded us to a suite with a huge wooden bathtub and the whole bathroom is on a seperate level. The staff could not do enough for us then and this time around we went back for a birthday and the staff were just as fantastic. They remembered us and had complimentry chocolate in the room waiting. The room was just as we remembered it and we had a fantastic time. They have just completed renovations so we can't wait for our next trip to see the new rooms. If the old ones are anythign to go by then they will be amazing. we had breakfast included in our room. Half of what we ordered was missing but after a quick call it arrived with more than what we had ordered and sincere apologies. The room service is linked to the Carriage Works Restaurant and there is no charge for using room service unlike some hotels. Cannot fault this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Stayed at this hotel in July for 2 nights for a family event. Everything started very well, with a private and secure car park - and a beautiful frontage / reception. We had expected this hotel to be first class - on a par with a "Morgans" or similar boutique hotels
The hotel is in the middle of a fairly dramatic refurbishment, and to be fair, we arrived only a few days after the opening of a new wing.

However, the poor quality of finish in the hotel rooms, the lack of basic amenities that are expected of a boutique hotel, the showers that randomly go from hot to cold, the un-grouted tiles in the bathroooms, the poor quality of the linen in the bedrooms, the very chaotic layout that does not easily allow children or the disabled to have easy access, the dangerously unfinished surfaces/walls/bathrooms in the public areas...made our stay completely disappointing.

This hotel seemed as if they had opened too quickly, and had not had the time to "snag" all the details - in fact the level of attention to detail was shocking. From raggedly cut window blinds, to incomplete silicone around the baths and the room doors that did not fit well into the frames.

[I am not even going to mention the builders that woke me up at 830am or the staff who decided that hoovering was a good plan at 815, or the fact that you can hear the people in the next room *breathe*.]

Finally, the thing that lets this hotel down more than anything else is the quality of service. The waiting staff in the restaurant are rude, unhelpful, poorly trained, disorganised, slow, and basically all around shocking!

Examples.....

1) We arrived for breakfast and were ignored. There were only 2 tables occupied, and the staff member completely looked through us and continued to fiddle with cutlery. Eventually, we approached and said "Breakfast?" - ... "Sit anywhere" she said... So we sat at a nice table in the middle - 2 seconds later she asked us to move as she had set" that table for lunch", and gestured with her hand to "sit over there...."

2) At the table we then chose, we were ignored for another 5-10 minutes, whilst the waitress repeatedly disappeared, and finally we were given some menus. She then wandered off. She did not explain the menu, offer to get us tea of coffee, or direct us to the buffet..... .. eventually we ordered some toast and "liverpool" cooked breakfasts for £15.50.

3) When the toast arrived, it came with some individual jams - when we opened the strawberry jam, it had already been used and was 2/3 empty. This is absolutely disgusting.

4) The cooked breakfast took about 20 minutes to come, but was fantastic. 100% for quality. Actually worth the £15.50.

4b) We did not get any napkins. I used a tissue that I had in my pocket. Too scared to dare ask for something so complicated.

5) We were then completely ignored and eventually, after finishing the breakfast, got up and left. No tea/coffee refills, no "how was that sir..?"..

Summing up - The food is fantastic, if EXTREMELY slow, but worth the wait. The restaurant staff are awful, and ruin the entire experience. We ate 2 dinners, 1 lunch and 2 breakfasts in the hotel - only one night did we have decent service as there was a different staff member working.

You don't know what you have until it isn't there - we rate this hotel overall 0/10 purely because the service was so dissapointing. However, if you are not in a hurry and you don't mind terrible service - the restaurant is called the "London Carriage Works" and has amazing, (but slow&expensive), food.

Recommendation:
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business