“Lovely High Quality Hotel”
Review of hope street hotel

hope street hotel
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stayed here for one night as a treat after going to the Eric Clapton concert. The hotel was a lovely boutique hotel with stylish finishing touches throughout. Everything was high quality and well designed, one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. We were very lucky to be upgraded to a Studio room (one up from a standard room but not quite a suite), so it was nice and spacious, with a massive bathroom. Everything about the hotel was just what we wanted, very modern and comfortable.
The breakfast was also the best breakfast i have had in a hotel and the restaurant was lovely.
There are some limited parking spaces availabe nearby the hotel for £10.
Unfortunately we were woken up in the middle of the night when next door where having a loud arguement, but we spoke to reception and they gave us the key to a more quieter room downstairs, this was a standard room and also beautifully designed. However when returning to our room someone from next door was leaving so we were able to have a quiet nights sleep in our original room.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 17, 2009

Very modern looking rooms. Not the best place to work as there was not chair for the desk and the internet was wired. They do provide a DVD player. I didn't eat there, but the bar was average.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I found Hope Street after years of trying everything else in my home town. My brother and I return regulary to see the family. I travel all over Europe for my work and Hope Street Hotel is right up there with the other boutique hotels I go to in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin. It feels and looks like a capital city hotel, the design is seriously confident, the service has always been great - treating their guests like individuals with care and friendliness. They have often preempted our needs and chaotic last minute visits with easy aplomb. Anyway, I write this because we stayed last weekend and while I was enjoying the banter at checkout with 3 strangers before me and marvelling how the guys on reception were dealing with a last minute surge with such genuine enjoyment and effiency one of the other guests commiserated about a bad trip advisor and that they had nearly cancelled, but instead would just spread the word that it was the best hotel he had stayed at in Britain. He was thanked and told that they were all sorry to have let other guests down. Curiosity made me look up the reviews and while I am sorry that other guests had some frustrating times we love this place and coming up from London are really proud that Liverpool has a hotel like this. And the with such an amazing restaurant!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Just a quick note to say that I was at the Hope Street Hotel for three nights and everything was fine. And it had free internet! Room faced the street (and I left the windows open a crack) and was not effected by any noise. Staff were perfectly fine and very helpful. This hotel is modern and minimalist in theme -- which I like, but it may not be everyone's taste. The only issue I had with the hotel was that minimalist theme went a bit too far for one of my colleagues -- he was in a room that could not be found: some rooms are a half-flight up or down from where the elevator lets you off and there are no signs pointing to where the rooms are located. He had to have staff show him where his room was! Breakfast was very nice, and it appears that breakfast can be included in the price of the room -- I would recommend going this route if you are planning on eating breakfast there every day. Parking? Be warned -- they contract for a few spaces in a lot about a block and a half away and you need to have a staff member walk you to the lot to open the gate (this is not bad, but was not what I was expecting).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank carlojo
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We stayed at hope street hotel yesterday and look forward to an early night tonight!

Firstly the good points: nice contempory room with a comfortable bed. An OK location near the city. Overall the stay could have been great but the major flaw with this place is a serious issue of build quality. The walls and ceilings are essentially paper thin, this is made worse by the wooden flooring throughout the hotel and the type of guests (clubbers) on a saturday night.

We saw Bob Dylan this weekend (we are 33 years old) had an amazing time and were in bed for just after midnight as we had travelled a good few hours that morning. I woke up later to the sound of a door slam and people talking. Felll back to sleep. Woke up again by a mobile phone going off in a different room along with every word of the conversation. Then woke up by the person upstairs walking in heels on the wooden floor. I rang reception thinking it must be about 6am and people were rising early for breakfast. Luke the duty manager informed me it was 2.30 am and apologised for the noise but said there was nothing he could do about the sound travelling. At 4am it all started again, people must have been coming back from clubs and were talking till 6am with doors slamming. Then it was 8 am the place came alive for breakfast.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against people staying up all night and I am not a light sleeper but this was like being in student halls all over again. If you are looing at coming back at 4am and bringing your mates back to your room for a drink and a chat this is definately the place, because the staff were not interested in following up our 'complaint' in the middle of the night, we just got a cold goodbye on way out in the morning. In typical English style we couldnt be bothered to make a fuss or ask for money back.

So if you are looking for a good nights kip for 99 quid, think twice about this hotel and try the marriott.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eyesurgeon
Reviewed April 28, 2009

stayed at the Hope for the second time. First time was just after it opened and there were problems then which we put down to teething problems. We bookd a suite again and although the room was ok, we had to move in th night as the air-condition unit was not working and the racket was unbearable. It took 3 calls to get a response and we were only moved because we insisted. staff were un-interested and unhelpful. I strongly advise that you avoid this hotel, particularly as Liverpool now has many good hotels with a better customer relations.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My team were having a meeting and night out in Liverpool and I had to organise it all. I initially was going to book Malmaison as have stayed in their hotels quite a bit but thought we should try somewhere different.

Managed to persuade my boss that we should all stay at Hope Street Hotel even though it was a bit over our usual budget for hotels.

Booked via email and as it was a group booking I had to confirm and guarantee etc with a cancellation charge which worried me slightly as people do tend to pull out. I also tried to negotiate a better room rate as it was a multiple booking but they weren't budging!

On arrival at the hotel, there was nowhere to park outside and no space in the hotel car park so I had to go round the back of the street opposite and park in a public car park with a guy in a hut who took the money. Half expected the car to be gone or on bricks by the next morning but it was still there!

Given that I had booked 8 rooms, I was a bit disappointed to not be upgraded or receive anything extra at all. This was especially irritating when I was in reception with a colleague who arrived late to check in and a lady arrived and was told she had been upgraded right in front of me!

I agree with other people, the rooms are boiling and there was a small fan in the room that didn't really do much to help. My room was at the front of the hotel and with the window open it was quite noisey too both from traffic noise but also there was work going on a building next door to the hotel.

Nice rooms though, and the bathroom was good too and good shower.

We wanted a quick drink in the bar after we arrived, it was about 6ish and the bar was closed so we had to go into the restaurant. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have any draught, I had to have a bottle but I know this is similar at lots of these places. initially thought we could have a drink in the room watching a bit of TV, getting ready before going out, but no mini bar in the room which I was surprised about.

We ate out in for dinner, I did consider eating in the hotel restaurant but I wanted the team to see a bit of the city and also the menu seemed a bit fussy as mostly people wanted steak and chips etc!

Breakfast was good, no complaints there, good quality and the waiter was friendly and helpful given that we were quite hungover from the night before.

Overall, nice but I am not sure worth the money given that it is expensive for Liverpool.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business