hope street hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
2,185 results
All reviewslondon carriage worksphilharmonic hallren productsstudio roomgeorgian quarterboutique hotelanglican cathedrallovely hotelthe penthouselarge bathcomfortable bedreception staffwet roomwalk in showercity centrecar parkcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spent 2 nights staying at this great hotel at the end of April. Location was fabulous, our room was delightful and very spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were all extremely friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend the Hope Street Hotel and would have no hesitation in returning on my next visit to Liverpool.

Room Tip: Request Room 207 - very light and spacious
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for business over the Bank Holiday weekend.
The room was great - appreciated the nice toiletries and coffee bags which were far nicer than instant. Reception staff were helpful too.
However...
1. My colleague's room was not ready at the time we were told we could check in, even though we'd already arrived earlier and said we'd come back for then so they knew we were already in Liverpool.
2. Breakfast only started at 8 - we needed to be away for work by 8.15. We went down for breakfast at half 7 and explained. The staff were already serving room service breakfasts so I was surprised they didn't offer to cook something a little earlier, since 8 is very late to start breakfast. They didn't offer a solution. We went and packed the car and returned at 8 but the breakfast STILL wasn't out. We explained the problem again - that we were there for work not pleasure and Bank Holiday or not, we needed to eat and get away.
They were slow getting breakfast out and eventually - at 8.15 - I asked again and they cooked eggs for us specially since there were still no eggs available.
I do think that in a hotel of this standard, staff could go out of their way a bit more to help customers. OR AT THE VERY LEAST get the breakfast out on time. It's not rocket science is it? If breakfast is advertised as starting at 8, have the food available from 8!
3. There was a lack of attention to detail e.g. no teaspoons or salt and pepper on tables.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for one night on business and was surprised at quality of hotel and room for the price. I got upgraded on arrival which was nice and the staff at reception were very welcoming.
Room service was nice - good food, portions a little small but I am being picky.
I would definately stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregos1980
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband and it was incredible from the moment we entered the hotel we were treated warmly and like family, nothing was too much for the incredible staff, the hotel itself was beautiful, lovely room with amazing bed and sheets, situated in a lovely part of Liverpool with lovely resturants near by. The hotel restaurant was gorgeous serving excellent food at an great price. So quiet never heard any noise and slept the best I ever have. best hotel experience ever.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was in Liverpool without a booking and ended up at Hope Street Hetel - never heard of them before. First impressions were great - from the staff to the rooms. I'll definitiely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business