“Power boat trip round the docks - sightseeing and introduction to the sport”

Liverpool Watersports Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: The watersport centre is a 15min walk from the Albert Dock,the activities include Canoes,kayaks,sailing,windsurfing,powerboating,Stand Up Paddleboards,Swan pedalos,Rowing boats,Open water swimming,kids club,birthday parties.Stags & hen parties. On site cafe, hot showers & changing rooms, free parking. Come down to the historic Queens Dock & get involved
Reviewed July 23, 2013

With just four passengers the [very safety conscious] commander adjusted the trip to fit the interests of the tourists. He also told us what to look out for on other trips, to ensure safety and enjoyable trip. I was very impressed with his demonstration of "how to avoid cutting your head off in event of capsizing" [so easy to do and some people don't bother]. He showed us the famous buildings, including the namesake of our darling little RIB craft "Liver Bird". Sightseeing, historical explanations and a quick rundown of the property market in the newly renovated water front.

A few speedy bits, needing all 75hp of the engine

A wonderful afternoon, thanks to Charles and Liver Bird.

2  Thank RamblingRose47
"vest"
"wetsuits"
"obstacles"

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had lesson today for an hour - brilliant . Expert tuition by Charles who clearly knew his stuff and imparted his knowledge in an easy to absorb way. I had previously had a taster session at West Kirby for 3hrs but honestly learnt more in an hour here. Really good facilities and friendly staff make this the best place to learn in the north west.

1  Thank GClarke1960
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a hidden gem which deserves to be better known. LWC is easily accessible from the City Centre, and is close to Albert Dock. There is good and secure parking.
The centre itself has very good facilities, ample safety equipment, and a range of dinghies and other craft for on the water fun. The best factor about LWC are the staff - friendly, knowledgeable, thorough.
I have completed several RYA sailing certificates here; and I could not have picked a better venue. The training and attention to detail is excellent.
But, if you just want some fun on the water (with full safety cover provided) this is the place to go. They do all sorts of fun events - birthday parties, power boat tours, stag or hen parties...basically anything you want.
Try it! You will have a great time.

1  Thank Kraken3
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great evening after work kayaking! Staff were great and we all had so much fun. Gorgeous evening for it too!
Definitely recommend for fun with friends.

1  Thank EllieThoma
See more reviews
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having developed a taste for powerboating while on holiday I thought I'd give the home-grown sort a try, so I took the hour-long trial trip round Liverpool's South Docks. Wow! After being zipped into our life-jackets, we were given a safety briefing and three of us, plus our driver/instructor, Charles, set off in the rib "Liver Bird" on a really exhilarating tour of the principal South Docks. Although some of the water is speed-limited we still managed a few good blasts, interspersed with calmer sailing, while we discussed the history and architecture of the area. Charles's total competence in handling the rib, plus his vast knowledge of the docks' history played a big part in our enjoyment of the trip. Even as someone who, in a previous life, worked in one of the quayside offices in the redeveloped South Docks, I was fascinated to learn still more.
As I handed back my life-jacket and collected my bags I was already planning my next visit to the Watersports Centre! Highly recommended!
(If you discover your hidden maritime streak, Liverpool Watersports Centre offers the chance to try sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and even pedaloes!)

1  Thank 773Sweetpea